Monday, April 8, 2024

NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: BOOK OF MORMON STYLE

Our new stake has held an event called Night at the Museum for the past three years. Each year, the theme is from whatever scripture we are studying that year. So this year, we created the museum around the Book of Mormon. My baby brother - Ben, my sister - GJ, and I were asked to create two of the rooms: The Brother of Jared and 3 Nephi. It was a HUGE project and a lot of work. 

The week before Easter all of our time, effort and labor came to life. It was draining emotionally and physically. But I think it was all worth it in the end. The best part: spending time with my family. We made it an entire family affair, with my other brother - Zane as the Brother of Jared. My niece - Sheila and I were Nephites getting to see the Savior. See if you can spot Ben's acting debut. My sister, her husband - Ken, and my husband took turns being "The Prince of Darkness" and "The Light of Christ." (We jokingly called ushering the attendees into the three days of darkness area "The Prince of Darkness." "The Light of Christ" is the person who turned the spotlight on the Savior at the correct time.)

Here are pictures from The Brother of Jared room:

Zane... I mean, the Brother of Jared... had to kneel and fall a LOT!
Poor brother!
Although his face in this picture just makes me smile!
Can you see Ben?
He tried to give us all "POINTERS" on acting.
Yes, he is proud of his hand's acting prowess!

Here are the pictures from 3 Nephi:

Acting with Sheila was WONDERFUL!
She's a natural!
Spending the whole week with my family was super FUN!
And we had a great time - as well as trying to tell a spiritual story.
I know Christ loves each of us!
And He truly did come to the people in America after His resurrection!

Here are some misc. pictures from the event:


I didn't get around to the other rooms much. I was acting non-stop. But there were live actors in many of the rooms.... I wish I could have seen the entire event.

1 comment: