Saturday, September 17, 2022

FOREVER YOUNG

In the 80s, Rod Stewart sang a song that comes to mind when I think of my seminary students:

"May the good Lord be with ya down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud, dignified, and true
And do unto others as you would have done to you
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever young!"

I really love teaching seminary!  I really love my seminary kids!  And I pray these kids will stay courageous, brave, and true.

Most of my class....
One of the fun things I've been doing the past month is supporting these amazing teenagers as they pursue their different interests and talents.  Each kid is truly amazing!  And I've enjoyed watching them each grow, learn, and become (not just at seminary, but in other interestes as well.)

Sariah is my Voleyball star!
She's the best on her team... at least as far as Scott and I can tell.
Her smile lights up the court as well as my classroom!
And she's a fierce competitor.
David is a freshman and the #1 golfer on his highschool team.
I didn't know ANYTHING about golf when I went to his first match.
I discovered I LOVE watching golf.
I love the polite crowds, the outdoors, the walk, and watching this kid shine in his element.
I even told Scott that I think I might like to try golfing because of David.
This guy is going to be inundated with scholarships for golf someday...
I just know it.
Isn't Emalene beautiful?!
She's gorgeous - inside and out.
And she's fast!
She's involved in cross country (and ROTC).
She's simply amazing!
And Max is also a runner that I call "mine!"
He's a triple threat: fast, kind, smart!
At his 5K, he was stung by a bee on the leg while running.
He continued to run.  And he ran FAST!
His determination and persistance makes him a role model for me!
David and Grace are musicians, as well as terrific students!
David plays the trumpet and Grace plays the cornet in the pep band.
I went to a football game just to listen to the tunes!
They were awesome, and definitely made the evening more fun for me as I heard them play all the traditional (and not so traditional) pep songs.  (They even played "Coldhearted" from the 80s.)
David is behind Grace in this picture.  Best I could get of him... but Grace looks awesome!
(BTW Grace also plays guitar!)
What talented kids!
I couldn't get a selfie with Elijah.
He was too far away on the soccer field.
He's #6 with the ball, front and center.
He has some awesome soccer skills!
Look at the footwork!
Elijah and I are both excited for the World Cup this November.
I wish I could blog every single one of my students.... And I'm sure I'll get around to it throughout the year.  But suffice it to say, I love them all!  I'm so blessed to be a part of their lives.  They enrich mine in so many ways!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like your having fun! Good Company, Good Kids, Good Times! =D

    ReplyDelete