Thursday, July 4, 2019

NEAR OR FAR... WE'RE ALL AMERICAN

US!
I got to spend Independence Day with my sister and parents visiting my grandparents graves.  We drove all over Colorado (Orchard Mesa, Paonia, and Crawford).  It was a fun day trip with lots of great stories from my mom and dad about their lives, my grandparents' stories and great grandparents' tales.  It was such a fun trip.  We ended with a BBQ.  Yummmm!
Grandma T and Grandad
Grandpa Mac with Grandpa Matt McCallister (my great grandfather)
Grandma and Grandpa McCallister
Paonia Valley
Sadie and Ben Head (my great grandparents)
Ben Head killed a bear without a gun and didn't have a hunting licence and played the bones.
Needle Rock and Saddle Mountain
My grandfather was born in a ranch house in between the two.
Needle Rock
My husband spent the holiday with the Lillywhites and the Bettenhausens!  They BBQed and played games with fireworks.
What a sexy man!
What a darling family!
What an adorable baby!
My Skittles!
Kade and the Lillywhites - enjoying BBQ
Scott enjoying Starburst
Jelly Bean wanted a picture for Sundy!
I like my Birthday Buddy!
Amy went to use her restroom and found this marvel of modern art on her bathroom floor.
The artist appreciated Amy's photo taking and so she made a second sculpture!
Raisin is so fun!
The highlight of the Fourth of July celebration was getting to visit with MY Sister Missionary.  Sister DeGooyer is enjoying her first 4th of July celebrations without us... but I'll blog about her in the next post....
Happy Independence Day!  I sure am grateful for America!

1 comment: