Saturday, July 13, 2019

OH, THE PLACES SHE'LL GO!

Moving On...
Sheila is on to greener pastures... literally!  From Colorado desert to lush green Kentucky.  I brought my niece home to live with me for a year!  Our trip in the small, blue truck was uneventful.  The good thing about driving that ancient vehicle is that we never went over the speed limit... it is physically impossible to do so... sometimes we only went 20 mph over the passes.  We stopped for dinner the first night at Steak and Shake.  We listened to all kinds of great music that kept us upbeat.  We spent the night at Topeka, KS... and got a whole 5 hours of sleep before speeding off again.
My traveling companion was amazing!  She is going to be a fun, beautiful and enjoyable asset to our family.  (Can I adopt her already?!)  Once we got to Kentucky... Sheila spent no time "fitting in" with the Bettenhausens.  Marmalade feels like she already has a friend... and Raisin loves her to pieces!  We're excited for the upcoming year!
Goodbyes to parents and grandparents...
I'm excited to keep her!
Nap Time!
Steak and Shake
Raisin within minutes of meeting Sheila
Taking a break in the shade of the "tunnel."
Aren't they adorable!?!
Zumba... all 3 of them!
Raisin kept up with the big girls!
Dance like no one is watching!
I'm already missing my mom and sister!  We had so much fun together!
Computers - Crafting - Yard Sale-ing - Swimming
How different can two sisters be?!
But we are still besties!

1 comment: