Tuesday, July 2, 2019

TWO HOMES = BLESSED

I am so blessed to call two states home.  I LOVE my Kentucky home!  I love the people, the growth, the green, and the southern way of life.  I also LOVE my Colorado home!  And I was reminded of my deep-seeded devotion this week with a special trip with my parents, my sister, and her family... and G.J. made the whole thing happen (Thanks, sister!):
My Best Friends = My Sister and Mother
Mom and Me
Sisters!  Sisters!  There were never such devoted sisters!
As a young girl, my family and I would visit Durango and the Bar D Chuckwagon multiple times during the summers.  Soooo... we took the same trip this Saturday.  It was truly wonderful! 
My nieces and nephew!
Mom and Dad
We rented a van.  We drove to the Russel Stover chocolate factory first.  (Yummm, Chocolate!)  Then we stopped in Ouray (where Scott and I honeymooned 24 years ago).  We hiked to Box Canyon Falls.  Because of the crazy weather, the water level was spectacular!  The sounds and the majesty of the waterfall was magnificent.  And I loved taking pictures.
G.J. made me wear boots!
Supposedly it made the entire experience better and more authentic!
Look at that water!
I've got the coolest parents!
Life finds a way!
Silly kids!
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?!
Aren't they cute?!
My favorite flower = the Colorado Columbine
Then we went to the Bar D.  It was perfect!  In fact, I was not prepared to feel all of the emotions I felt.  I had such pride in my "home" state!  And I felt such a nostalgic feeling for a life I never lived (a cowboy life).  And I was homesick for a less busy time - but a difficult and hard working time.  It was truly wonderful!
We made it to the destination!
The only thing that could have made this trip better was my WISH for Scott to be with me!
The Wranglers
The Wranglers plus Sy (the original Wrangler - who's been performing for over 50 years!)
Sy with some of his biggest fans!
Merle Haggard says it best:
There's a place where Mother Nature's got it all together
She knows just when to let wild flowers bloom
Somehow she always seems to know exactly what she's doin'
And the Lord saw fit to furnish elbow room
Have you ever been down to Colorado?
I spend a lot of time there in my mind
And if God doesn't live in Colorado
I'll bet that's where He spends most of His time
I'd love to be there watching, early in the morning
The sun comes up and crowns the mountain king
If by chance you dare to be there high upon the mountain
I swear that you can hear the angels sing
Have you ever been down to Colorado?
I spend a lot of time there in my mind
And if God doesn't live in Colorado
I'll bet that's where He spends most of His time

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!
    1 correction - The squirrel is not a woodchuck. LOL :D
    But I agree - Colorado and the cowboy life is awfully wonderful!
    Thank You Lord for bringing the trip together and all those I love most to join in the trip!!! <3

    ReplyDelete