Tuesday, August 29, 2023

DO WHAT YOU LOVE

What do I love?!  Well... I love birthdays!  I turned 51 last week.  I was spoiled rotten.  G.J. threw me a surprise party with her family, complete with hamburgers and scripture markers.  Dad made me my favorite hymn, I Need Thee Every Hour, as a sound wave and a raven holding a sign that says, "Nevermore."  Ben and Kristi gave me tickets to go see Cinderella with my nieces, nephews, and Scott.  It was loads of fun!  Zane and Tara gave me flowers... so did Scott.  I combined the two for a beautiful arrangement!  Skylar and Katia got me a new bread machine and Kiara and Cody gave me a "grandma" bag which I specifically asked for.  Nicole spoiled me rotten with three card games and a mushroom tumbler.  Alicia got me Diet Coke and Dove chocolates.  I felt so loved!
Dad's Art: I Need Thee Every Hour
My Birthday Boquet
What else do I love?  I love making things.  I love working with my dad.  And I love music.  I combined all of these loves into one: I made a dulcimer with my dad.  I love how it turned out.  I plan on making a new one in January with my sister.  This time it will be hourglass shaped and a mushroom theme.  (I also love mushrooms.)
I love the walnut wood finish.
The top
The sound holes - desending dots
Another love is seeing my daughter happy... and musicals.  This weekend, Scott and I drove to Rexburg with our Colorado daughter, Sheila, to see Kiara's performance in the orchestra pit for the musical Shrek.  It was completely AWESOME!  The show was so fun and so was the company.  Skittles fell asleep during the second act though.
Is there anything a mother loves more than watching her daughter succeed and be happy?!
I think not.
And my Colorado daughter joined in the fun!
So glad!
"Mom, really?!"
Proud mama had to take a picture.
It's about to start!
A new musical to add to the one's I've seen!
Skittles was doing his best to keep himself awake.
So tired.
My boy and Shrek!
Peter's Dad with a barely awake Red Skittle.
I also love when Kiara sends me pictures of their family doing fun things together.  Painting.  Going to the Park. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Skittles learning to make the I Love You sign....
Cody is an incredible painter.
I wish I had taken pictures of his sculptures too.
He's to talented!
I love that Kiara is getting better and better too!
She really is thriving - especially musically and with her crochet project.
Skittles LOVES painting!
Look at all the color!
Playing at the park.
He fell.  But he didn't cry.
He wanted grandma to know that he was "brave!"
I really have been blessed to do what I love this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment