Thursday, April 25, 2013
LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD
Well, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. It's kinda cool. I was nominated by Mrs. D at http://mrsdshomestead.blogspot.com/. And I'm kinda excited to be noticed. Part of being nominated means I get to play a sort of game. So here goes:
11 facts about myself:
1. I LOVE being a wife and mother! Being a wife and mom is the BEST job EVER!
2. I have been blessed to have LOTS of best friends: my sister, my mother, Amy B., Joanne G. and Lori H.
3. Cross stitching is my favorite past time/hobby.
4. We don't have any TV in our home right now. We do own a DVD player and watch movies sometimes, but no television.
5. The only shows we watch (and have to watch them at a friend's house) is Once Upon a Time.
6. Many people have told me I would love the show The Mentalist. So I just bought the first season on DVD.
7. I LOVE reading. Thanks, dad, for encouraging that passion.
8. I majored in music education, but sometimes wonder if it would have been better to major in computers or math since I have never been very musically talented. (I have developed that talent better....)
9. I only subscribe to two magazines: The Ensign and All You.
10. I used to weigh 350 lbs. I had gastric-by-pass surgery. And I'm glad I did. I'm sooooo much healthier now.
11. I LOVE my Savior, Jesus Christ, and am grateful for his sacrifice.
Now I get to answer Mrs. D's 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite hobby?
Oops. I already answered this one above... I LOVE cross-stitching.
2. What is your favorite dinner to make for your family?
Hands down: Taco Salad! It's easy and my favorite!
3. What is one thing you do to keep your sanity during your busy day?
I pray. And I call my sister.
4. What is your favorite book?
My first answer: The Scriptures! But I also love TONS of other books and it is hard to pick just one. I love "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee and "Dandelion Wine" by Ray Bradbury and "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card and "The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson and "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott and "The Help" by Katheryn Stockett and... OK, I'll stop there.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 weeks, where would it be, and why?
I have always wanted to go to Europe. My parents were married there (Germany), so I would love to see what they saw. Also, my ancestors are from Scotland and my husband's family comes from Holland so visiting those places would be wonderful too!
6. Who is your favorite musician, and what is your favorite type of music?
This is a hard question. My favorite musicians are: my dad (One Man Mormon Blues Band), Donny Osmond and Jack Johnson. My favorite type of music is Broadway musicals, but I truly love all genres except heavy metal or music with terrible lyrics.
7. What is the big thing you want to do "when you retire"/"when the kids are grown"/"whenever"?
I want to travel with my husband!
8. How do you relax at the end of the day?
I read books or watch Glenn Beck on the computer while cross-stitching.
9. What is the most important thing you try to teach your children?
I try to teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ.
10. Are you going to follow all the award nominees?
You bet, I already do.
11. Why do you blog?
I mostly blog so that my family and friends who live far away can keep up with our family. Plus, it's a fun hobby too!
My 11 nominees:
A Bucket Full of Charity
Aiming to be a well rounded...
Busy B's Piano Studio
Jeanius Ideas for YW
Little LDS Ideas
Mothers Who Know
My Soul Delighteth
Our Busy Homeschool
Pinch A Little Save-A-Lot
The Creative Homemaker
And so, my nominees, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is:
Post 11 facts about yourself.
Answer my 11 questions to you.
Choose 11 of your favorite blogs under 200 followers and nominate them.
Share the love by following my other nominees.
My 11 questions for you are:
1. If you were going to write a book, what would you name it and what would it be about?
2. What is one of the scariest things you have ever done?
3. If you could go back in history, who would you want to meet? Why?
4. How did you meet your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend?
5. What are some things that make you really happy?
6. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
7. What is the first thing that you notice about people?
8. If someone were to make a movie about your life, which actor/actress would you want to play you?
9. How do you feel about public speaking?
10. What are some of your major goals in life?
11. What were you like in high school?
I hope my nominees enjoy doing this as much as I have. Link back here when you're done, so I can follow your answers. :-)