Tuesday, July 14, 2015

YOUTH CONFERENCE - KIRKLAND, OH & FLOODING

Last weekend my daughters got to go to Kirkland, OH for Youth Conference.  They had a great time!  They especially enjoyed spending time together (they were roommates) and with a couple of good girl friends from church.  They enjoyed learning about church history and singing to High School Musical on the bus!  I'm glad they had such a wonderful time!
My pretty daughters!
The girls were photo-bombed.
They had no idea who he was....
Their group outside the Newl K. Whitney Store.
Last night is rained.  And it rained.  And it rained.  The thunder kept me awake....  This morning we decided that it was "clear" enough to go for our 3 mile walk.  (We walk three days a week... at the Egg Lawn.)  It was completely impassable!  If we wanted to walk today we needed a boat!  These pictures don't do our flooded trail justice.  It was CRAZY!  Check it out:
There is usually a bench on the left in front of the trees, off the path...
We walk on the sidewalk beside the fence...
Water come right up to the sidewalk here....
Kotten Kandy and Apple Pie can't believe their eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a LOT of water. I'm glad we live on a hill.
    I also has fun at youth conference. But you didn't mention the testimony meeting. I think it was the very best part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! That is a lot of water. Glad it is on the trail and not in your basement. ;) I'm glad my girls had fun! How I wish ya'll were closer. I love them so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of Youth Conference and Water: :) and :( ...
    I'm glad YC was a success and sorry you must deal with water problems. Yesterday in the pool I talked to a lady who had just left CA for CO. CA's drought problems are almost unbelievable. EVERYTHING in CA is BROWN! Two minute showers and only then a couple of times a week. They are even being encouraged to take "spit baths" only. So which is worse - too much or too little?! Come to CO where it's JUST RIGHT!!! Love Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water is wonderful and the beauty it brings is amazing. We really have had a lot of rain and thunderstorms that keep us awake at night but the light shows are awesome to see. Kirkland is a wonderful place and I am glad our daughters have been able to go and see church history sights. That has been another blessing of living in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete