Monday, September 3, 2018

O-H-I-O & BATS & PEARS & ELDER TYLER

Chris, Katia, Scott and I
chilling at a baseball game
Two weeks ago we got to go to a Bats Baseball game.  We went for the hot dogs and the sunshine.  I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I enjoyed reading in the stands and being with this crazy family of mine!
Mary shares her bounty with us!
Thanks!
Look how beautiful these apples are!
It's where the bees pollinated...
So pretty!
Mmmmmmmmmm!
Pear Jam
Amy and I picked pears (and apples) courtesy of Mary Nelson.  We got 4 huge buckets full.  The pears were hard and the skin was a bit rough and nasty.  But after a LOT of work, and burns, and stickiness, and processing... we got over 48 pints of pear jam.  It's delicious!
Chris, Katia, Scott and I
cheering on the Buckeyes!
So much fun!
Love this sweet daughter of mine!
Soaked....
Still wet at the end of the game...
And we won!
Bring on their bottomless fries!
Love this man of mine!
Scott took us all to the Ohio State Football game this weekend.  It was AWESOME!  The weather made it even more memorable: super hot for the first half and then a HUGE storm delayed the game for 45 minutes.  We were soaked!  I felt like a fish.  We had to purchase dry clothing just to drive home from Columbus, OH - and to eat dinner at Red Robin.
Goodbye for two years....
We love the Coolbears!
One of my all time favorite boys is leaving on his mission this week.  We will really miss Elder Tyler Coolbear!  But I KNOW he's going to be AMAZING!  Arizona is so lucky to have him!
Also... guess what?!  My husband is SUPER talented...  Look what he made from scratch:
For my western friends this game is called Corn Hole (pronounced: Karn Hall).

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kentuckians, this is your Mama - trying hard to respond to your E-mails. All of a sudden, our old system doesn't work. ☹
    But what I've said - three times now - is that baseball and football have traditionally had their own seasons. They, traditionally, have never crossed over each other. Glad that for the real fans that you can get both on different nights in one week!
    Tell the sweet lady "thanks" for sharing her fruit with my kids. I can't wait to try the pear jam. ��
    Scott, what is Corn Hole? A table game? An outside game? Should I be practicing to be able to take you on?
    Love you all, Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott is super talented!!! Sure glad I choose him to be in our family. 😉
    Jealous - wish I had time to can and preserve. 😁
    Glad y'all had fun at the game. Better you getting wet than me. 🤣

    ReplyDelete