Friday, August 24, 2018

FORTY SIX

Some people don't like to make a big deal about their birthdays.  They lead quiet lives and love to "fly under the radar" on their special days.  I do NOT understand those people.  Today is MY 46th BIRTHDAY!  And I love being remembered, celebrated and spoiled
I woke up to this sight in my front room, before I left for work:
I couldn't stop grinning!
My husband is so thoughtful!
I LOVE yellow!
The school I photographed today was a wonderful school, with great smiles and a great group of kids...  But the highlight of working (and of my birthday presents) was a sweet text from my Idaho kids:  I'm going to be a grandma!  I screamed out loud and told everyone who would listen.  I'm sure they thought that I was a crazy picture lady! 
This is an estimated guess...
She'll see the doctor sometime next week.
When I got home from work, I got flowers from Kiara and Cody, a balloon and chocolate from my dear friend, Sheila, and homemade bread and honey butter from another dear friend, Sheba!  Talk about spoiled!
When Katia and Scott got home they took me to dinner at Claudia Sanders.  I LOVE Claudia Sanders.  And it was delicious! 
I love this restaurant!
Then they whisked me away for a "surprise."  Thirty minutes later, Katia got us tickets to see Dinesh D'Souza's newest movie Death of a Nation.  I have been really wanting to see it.  And I'm glad we did.  He teaches so well.  And I feel like not only are his movies entertaining, but they are "dead on" with his history and analysis. 
Great movie!
I can't believe how spoiled I have been!  And I've loved all the well wishes on FB and text messages!  I truly feel loved!  I really am looking forward to year 46!
Oh!  And look who we got to go to dinner with last week:
Me - Katia - Scott - Teresa - Tony - Mike
Sheila - Amy - Mark - Spencer - Asher
We love our "tribe" of people!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! <3 I'm glad you are my sister and you were born 46 years ago!!! :) But I do NOT understand those who like to "fly above the radar." LOL :D We seem to be so opposite that I think there was no sharing of genes when we came to earth. We both dominate our gene pool lot. ;D Hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete