Thursday, August 23, 2018

JEALOUS

Last weekend my mom and sister got to go to Idaho to see my daughter, my son, my nephew and two nieces!  I'm so jealous!  They all looked so happy!  And I'm grateful for family who looks out for each other.  I'm also grateful for my sweet nieces who remember to take pictures and send them to me!  I can sorta live vicariously through these fun images! 
GJ - Cody - Gary - Mariah
Kiara - Shanae
Mil
Idaho Grandkids
Photo Shoot by Shanae - at the Gardens
My extremely handsome nephew!
Isn't he a catch?
If you know any amazing young women, I'll set them up!  ;-)
These two are definitely still in love!
I love having a daughter AND son!
Shanae is so pretty - inside and out!
Eskimo Kisses are best!
My gorgeous mother!
I hope I can grow up to be just like her!
GJ and Mariah
Two of my favorite people ever!
I'm PROUD to be related to them!
GJ also took them all out to lunch.  So much fun!
Being silly at the restaurant...
Cute
OK - careful with the PDA!  (Just kidding!)
I just finished reading an amazing memoir.  I was inspired.  I was entertained.  And I learned a lot from William Kamkwamba's thirst for knowledge and his struggle to better himself and his family.  The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind is a book I will recommend to anyone who will listen.  While reading this book, I thought to myself, "How spoiled am I?"  William struggled to afford school.  They suffered famine.  They had no energy for lights or water or any of the things I take for granted.
He was an amazing young man.  He worked hard.  He did hard things.  He endured.  He studied on his own.  He worked hard.  He was kind.
I'm surprised how much I enjoyed reading and learning from this book.  It was what I needed to read right now.  I feel like I will never complain again. - of course - after a few days, this feeling will probably recede to the far corners of my mind... but if I can remember William's story and his qualities, perhaps I can make the world a little better for the people around me also.

1 comment:

  1. We wish like everything you could have been there with us!!!

    ReplyDelete