Sunday, April 28, 2019

CALLINGS HELP US LOVE MORE!

I LOVE serving in the YSA branch! I have learned to love so much more! And these "kids" are amazing! It sounds cliche, but it's true: I LOVE MY YSA!!!! I feel like my heart has opened up and created so much more room for the wonderful YSA branch. And I'll definitely never be the same. These kids make me better. They make me love better. They make me think better. They are truly wonderful!
Unfortunately, two of my YSA girls are leaving. These two have had a huge impact on me. I admire their testimonies. I admire their love. I admire their service. I love their hugs. I love their acceptance of... me. And I'm REALLY going to miss them.
Alexes
Alexes is truly incredible. Her testimony has strengthened my own. Although she has only been a member for less than a year, she understands so much. She shares her insights and always brings the spirit. She is moving to Texas. Luckily, she gave me her address. And she promises to come back for her endowment. I truly love you, Alexes!
Sister Morris
Sister Morris has served in the YSA branch for the entire time we have served and on Wednesday she goes home. Her enthusiasm is contagious! Her love of the gospel is evident! Her joy is infectious! Our branch will be a bit sadder without her! I love you, too, Sister Morris!
For the past 2 weeks, Scott and I have gotten to go to two baptisms in our branch. Each one was special and significant.
Scott and Zhong
Scott got to baptize Zhong. He's from China. His testimony about freedom and choosing to believe in Christ was awe inspiring. This young man is great!
Nessa and Me
And Nessa was baptized yesterday. She is beautiful inside and out. Her aunt spoke in their native tongue, Chukkkese. I have no clue what she said, but the Spirit was definitely present.
We are blessed to be with these kids!

1 comment:

  1. So Cool! You are lucky to have them in your life just as they are lucky to have you!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete