Monday, January 13, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 28

Hold onto your seats, because I plan on writing this email, and by writing this email, I mean typing this email. If you happen to be standing while reading this, I am not going to tell you what to hold onto... but it might be a good idea to find something.

We had interviews this week. President asked us to come prepared with a "protection scripture." Which is basically a scripture that will help you if your testimony is wavering; or if you feel spiritually week; or inadequate; or any negative feeling that has the capability to destroy you (that sounded cheerful). The scripture I chose was Alma 26:12. I picked this scripture because it talks about strength, and the real source of strength, which is God. Since then we've invited a couple people to pick their protection scripture, so I informally invite whomever may be reading this to identify and and choose a protection scripture.

We had Zone Conference this week. A lot of things were discussed, and I left feeling a great desire to "baptize nations." It was so good. We talked about our purpose and all that it entails. We are to not only teach others about Jesus Christ, but to also show them the way back to Him and our Heavenly Father; which is baptism. I love it! I pray everyday that we and the missionaries around the world will find those being prepared, the elect! 

This week we walked in the snow, we ventured into the unknown, and had quite a few people say that we could come back. Blessings are happening, and the work is rolling forward! The members here are so good, we've been picked up out of the cold multiple times this week. Even if it is just to drive us around the corner, they help us. We got to attend two baptisms this week, which was so uplifting! -I love being a missionary!

Oh! I have to tell you about my new companion! ðŸ˜‚ Her name is Sister Soto. She is a convert of about 7 years. She is from Reading, Pennsylvania. (It's on the Monopoly board) She is not use to the cold. She has one of the strongest testimonies I've ever heard! Her favorite color is yellow and her favorite animal is an alpaca. She's a city girl, and she knows how to cook really good beans and rice. 
Side tangent: One of our recent converts wants to make us Indian beans and rice (she is from India). Sister Soto wants to make her, spanish rice and beans. I volunteered to make them american rice and beans, neither one seemed too enthused. ðŸ˜‚

Being a missionary is a struggle sometimes, but at other times it is so good! I honestly love it! I don't want to sugar coat it, but I will say with my whole heart that I love it. We had the chance to talk to someone who is contemplating serving a mission. She asked some really good questions, and I answered honestly. Missions are HARD, but, dang it, they are so good! 

Love y'all! Have a great week! Pray for your missionaries, pray for missionary opportunities, just pray. 

Sister DeGooyer 

Sister Hulet and I at Zone Conference 
Trying to take a picture in the snow...
Service at Ceal's :)
When your companion gets a BIG box of cleaning supplies 
Idaho Sunsets ðŸ’—
The sun blinding us ðŸ˜Ž

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet heart! Love all her fun pictures! Love her!!!

    ReplyDelete