Wednesday, September 8, 2021

HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I LOVE Kentucky!  I LOVE the people!  I LOVE the green!  I LOVE the family we have created!  But I also LOVE Idaho.  It's not the state I love.  It's not the dryness.  It's not the cold.  And it's definitely not the desert.  I LOVE Idaho because of my family!  I LOVE my daughter, my parents, my sister and my brothers - whom all live in Idaho!  When I leave Idaho, I feel like I'm leaving home.

Scott took me to Idaho for the long weekend - Labor Day - to see my family and meet new friends.  It was a fast trip... but so wonderful!  Visiting, playing games, going to dinners, and making candy were all on the schedule.  We got to see everyone we wanted to see!  We got to give our daughter a big hug!  And we got to go to the temple - twice!  It was absolutely fabulous!

We got to meet Skylar at the temple.
The Meridian Temple is absolutely stunning!
And yellow is a prominent theme throughout... which makes my heart happy!
I love yellow!!!
Sisters!  There were never such devoted sisters!
Making candy with our new friends, the Browns.
Zane, Chance and Tara joined us in making candy.
Skylar's smile is infectious!
He instigated the candy making!
Laffy Taffy is delightful!
He made me smile!
Katia (and I) love Bacuri Fruit!
(Yes, Bacuri Fruit is a real food!)
And she is lovely!
My nephew (Kidney Bean), Ian, and Avacado
Scott, Zane and Chance
Tara and my niece, Yogurt
Katia and Skylar
I love these two kids!
Scott and I got a concert Sunday morning from my nieces and nephew!
When we got home, we got pictures from our "kids!"
Both pictures hang proudly on our fridge.
Tara's flower garden is amazing!  I loved it!
But I really liked this lady bug...
and this bee!
For good measure, I added this ADORABLE picture of my grandson!
Skittles has my heart!

2 comments:

  1. 💥👊💥 Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy you had such a wonderful visit! I’m so happy I can visit with you this week!

    ReplyDelete