Monday, January 24, 2022

CREATING A LEGACY

Katia and Skylar were married on Saturday, January 22.  It was an extraordinary event!  These two "kids" are mature beyond their years, and I am soooo honored to be their mother.  The Meridian temple ceremony was beyond description.  The Spirit of the Lord was tangible and strong.  It was "perfect" for Katia and Skylar.  (I'll post even more pictures later - when I get them.)

Mrs. and Mr. Brown
Look at those smiles!
And the love!

Then we had a delicious luncheon catered by Casa Rio.  Yum!  Chance gave a beautiful toast to the happy couple.

Quick selfie with my brother-in-law and my new sister and my niece!
Kevin - Valerie - Brittany
Scott - Me - Kiara
Katia had a few truly amazing companions on her mission.
They are all girls we wish we could just call "ours!"  
So of course, I do call them MINE!
This is Scott's and my adopted daughter, Elizabeth Horton!
And another adopted mission daughter, Kambri Sifford!
Two of our non-biological daughters!
Horton and Sifford
I wish I had taken more pictures at the luncheon... but I was enjoying the moment.
I was glad I thought of taking a quick selfie with my daughter and my new son.
My talented sister-in-law hosted the reception.  It was... again... "perfect!"  So many people joined in our special day to make it wonderful.  Katia and Skylar felt so loved.  And I feel that a simple thank you to everyone is insignificant.  So many people, but especially Tara, participated, and I am truly grateful.  Another shout out needs to go to Skylar's sister, Kenzie.  She made three gorgeous bouquets, and did ALL the flowers.  She even taught Scott how to design and do flowers (which he loved).

Isn't Kenzie an artist?!
Traditional bouquet throw!
The whole family (minus Cody and Spencer since Spence had to take a nap!)
I couldn't be happier!
My eternal companion!
Not only am I happy for my daughters,
I am truly blessed with my own choice 26 (almost 27) years ago!
Another adopted daughter, Livi Clarko
(Clarko and I bond over Diet Coke and musicals!
She definitely should belong to me!)
Chris' appearance made my daughter feel soooo loved!
He is an uncle for sure!  Despite not being blood related, he's definitely family!
And speaking of family: OUR Bettenhausens!
All the way from Missouri!
And selfies with Skittles and Candy Bar!
My Grandson - My Daughter
Princess Katia with Candy Bar and Skittles
Yes, my sister and I are BESTIES!
How many people can claim that privilege?
I love this lady so dang much!
I couldn't be happier with the man Katia chose to marry.  Skylar will be and is an amazing son!  But more importantly, he makes my daughter happy.  He is a righteous man of God.  And this mama is feeling soooo blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Joyful, Blessed Day! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy fairy tale of a day! Wish I could have been there to see it all! What a blessing! Makes me happy! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and loving memories...forever. Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete