Monday, January 30, 2023

'TWAS THE WEEK BEFORE THANKSGIVING...

 A week before Thanksgiving, my husband and I knew we needed to go visit my mom for a week.  So I got a substitute for seminary, and he made plans to work in Idaho.  It was absolutely wonderful spending a week with my mom, dad, brothers and sister.  


Mom and I crafted and created to our hearts content.  I also got a lot of work done for her, since she was not able to do as much as before.  And I also got to take her to get her blood transfusions so we could spend more time together.  At one of the appointments, we showed up with popsicle sticks and a glue gun.  I think it was the ONLY time the nurses had seen a patient crafting in the small cubicle with their daughter.  It was so much fun to talk with mom and laugh with mom and serve mom.

I had to beg mom for this picture to send to Katia...
I love her smile!

The highlight of the trip was Monday night when all of my siblings and their spouses came together for mom's favorite dinner: roast beef [she always called it roast beast], mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, and of course, one of Tara's DELICIOUS desserts!

GJ took the picture.
The picture feels incomplete without her in it.

Having all of us together was absolutely perfect.  We talked for far too long into the night - especially for those who had to work in the morning.  And we begged GJ's daughter to come take pictures.

I'm soooo grateful for the picture of Scott and I with my parents!
GJ is not only my favorite sister, she's also my best friend!  She is kind, hard working, and gives GREAT advice!  I couldn't have raised my own children without her suggestions and support.  She makes my life worth living!
Zane makes us all laugh.  Hence, my dad's huge grin in the picture.  I'm sure Zane said something smart-alecky.  He really is such a fun, and great brother!  He can make us laugh - but he's also the hardest worker and someone to look up to!
Ben holds our family together.  He's smart, kind, generous, and makes sure we are all together often!  He's a role model, for sure!  Don't get him, Zane and Dad together without expecting to laugh uproariously!

I love my family more than I can express.  And I'm so grateful that we have all managed to not only stay close, but stay friends!  My sister and brothers are my best friends!  (Next to God, Scott, my mom and dad!)  I'm blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting, but I can't talk (write) because I can't see right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Sis - What a great week to have with mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A memory to cherish! Glad you documented it. 💕

    ReplyDelete