Monday, September 18, 2023

ADVENTURES AWAIT

What a week!  My baby boy, Skylar, turned 23 on the 14th.  He was spoiled with Legos and love!  And Katia and Skylar celebrated with attending the Goo Goo Dolls and Fitz and the Tantrums.  They had so much fun!  And I must express how much Scott and I love our youngest child!  Happy Birthday, Skylar!

Skylar and Legos are synonymous
Before the Concert
After the Concert
This weekend, Scott and I attended two country festivals: Art by the River in Starr, and The Indian Creek Festival in Caldwell.  We saw incredible art.  We bought a couple of stocking stuffers.  And Scott really enjoyed watching the cardboard, duct tape, and painted kayacks/boats that were raced down the river.  He's determined to make his own boat next year to race.  The boats were remarkable.  It was really fun to spend the day together.

An inspiring tree house
It was super HOT, but we had fun.  I shouldn't have won black.
These are magnets.
The originals were spectacular!
And Scott spoiled me with new mushroom earrings.
The following 5 pictures are different boats that were entered in the contest.
They were really spectacular esp. the robot and Viking boat.
The Mario boat was playing Mario music which made me smile.
And here are some of the the attempts:

In other news, my dad planted too many tomato plants.  There were so many tomatoes that I knew we (G.J., Ken, Dad, Scott and I) couldn't eat them all.  So I decided to make salsa.  I've never made salsa before.  It took about 5 hours to make 7 pints.  I'm completely exhausted.  But I feel accomplished.


It smells good.  Hope it tastes good.
And what blog post would be complete without multiple, misc. pictures of my grandson.

Skittles picked a bouquet for his mom!
Berry and Skittles are too cute!
I love reading to Skittles and Cantelope.
They make me smile!
I learned how to cut peppers.
I'm proud of myself.
I don't like peppers, but I'm helping.
He wants to work out so bad, but kids aren't allowed to lift.
Being young is so hard.
Kiara made Skittles a hat.
He loves it.
My oldest son is training for a 50K.
Look at his farmer's tan!
Isn't he the cutest?!

2 comments: