Sunday, September 9, 2012

ELDER CROOK

On Friday night, I was lucky enough to meet a special missionary.  Elder Crook is "special" because he is the son of one of blogging friends.  Here's the story:

I LOVE reading blogs.  But I rarely reply to posts... unless I know the person personally.  About a year ago I found a blog about music and religion.  I instantly began following this amazing blogger.  She made me smile and I related to all her posts.  When she sent out a plea for guest posts a few months later, I surprised myself by volunteering.  She became a friend.  The more I learned about this talented woman, the more I liked her and felt honored calling her a friend.  Imagine my astonishment, (and hers) when her son was called a mission  to Louisville, Kentucky.  And I was even more excited when I learned that he was serving in my friends, the Schmids, branch.  I got myself invited over for dinner so I could meet him.  I took tons of pictures for Lesa....  He is a great kid!  I would adopt him in a heart beat.  He loves music and theater!  Which is right up my alley!  I really enjoyed getting to know him.

Here are some of the pictures I took:

 Scott, Elder Crook, Me, Key Lime Pie, Kotten Kandy
 Elder Crook
The Schmids and Elder Crook

1 comment:

  1. Hello, thank you again for taking pictures. I just got his Monday morning email and he said he really enjoyed meeting you and your family. He enjoyed visiting with you and thought it was fun that you like music so much!!

    (And thanks for being a blog friend!!)

    ReplyDelete