Saturday, September 9, 2017

EMOTIONAL FOR MAMA

Key Lime Pie
Well... one of my best friends is off on a new, grand adventure... and I'm not invited.  Kiara Lea is officially a BYUI student!  She is so ready!  And she is so excited!  And she is going to do great things!  I couldn't be more proud of her!  I'm excited for her!  I'm happy for her!  And, yet, I'm a bit sad.  I'm sad because I'll be so far away in Kentucky.  I'm sad because my first, precious daughter is growing up.  I'm sad because she won't "need" me in all the same ways anymore.  I keep singing the song "Happy/Sad" from the Addam's Family Musical:
I'm feeling happy.  I'm feeling sad. ...
I'm sad and happy, why should I choose?
Life is full of contradictions, every inch a mile.
And the moment we start weeping,
that's when we should smile.
In every Heaven, you'll find some Hell.
And there's a welcome in each farewell. ...
So let's be happy
Forever happy
Completely happy
And a tiny bit
Sad.
We left from Colorado and drove ALL night and got to Rexburg at 3:30 AM.  We slept for 2 1/2 hours in the Walmart parking lot.
Road Trip - Me - Kiara - Shanae - GJ
We've been shopping multiple times to set her up for the semester.
GJ - Gary - Shanae - Mariah
GJ and I make "very pretty people!"
We've enjoyed meeting her roommates and touring.
This girl was waiting for us this morning and opened her apartment to us before we cold even knock...  She's so funny!
Love her photo ID
And G.J. took us all out to Applebees for dinner!  YUM!  Thanks, sis!
Great food!  Great times!  Great company!
Even though she's an "adult", she's still my little girl.  So my awesome sister and I took her around campus this morning for a back-to-school photo shoot!  It was fun!  And she was so sweet about posing for us!
Ready for school!
Such a beautiful campus (and girl!)
Kiara and I LOVED this part of the Snow building.
(Which, by the way, was "MY" building when I attended Ricks College.
I actually remembered it!)
She's going to love learning here!
GJ and I are Ricks College alums!
Dramatic and happy!
Look out world!  Kiara Lea is going to make a difference!

2 comments:

  1. You are really there! She is really there! And I really do believe all are ready for this! :)
    Here's wishing all concerned (including Mariah and Gary) a very successful semester. Love you all, Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for her!!! She is going to fly and do great things :)

    ReplyDelete