Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A FAMILY AFFAIR

Clan McCallister
Nice looking genes, if I say so myself
It was a WONDERFUL weekend!  And EVERYONE made it!  I am sooooo grateful!  And I LOVED every minute of it!  I wish we all lived so much closer to each other... because I really enjoy my eternal family!  I'm so grateful my mom and dad fell in love over 50 years ago!
Mil and Grandpa started it!
But the week didn't start until Kiara Lea came home - finally - on Tuesday night.  They had major car trouble and had to turn around and go back to Grand Junction TWICE.  We're glad she and my parents made it safely to Kentucky....  And Thursday, our walking/running gang was back together again!  It was wonderful to walk with my best friends: Amy, Key Lime Pie and Kotten Kandy.
Amy - Me 
Raisin
Kotten Kandy - Key Lime Pie
And my beautiful daughters posed for me too:
Best Friends for Eternity!
Friday was RAINY!  But we still enjoyed being together at Claudia Sanders for a true Kentucky dinner.  Thanks, dad!  And it was DELICIOUS!
The Adults
Ain't he as cute as his dad?!
After dinner, all but the 4 youngest, got to go to the temple.  We wanted pictures... but were unable to get them due to the fact it was POURING rain.
Saturday started off rainy, but it let up once we got to the Mammoth Caves.  We hiked, walked and enjoyed hanging out together - complete with a picnic in the parking lot.  Then we quickly got to see Lincoln's birth place.  Kentucky is amazing!
I loved listening to these 3 girls giggle, visit and talk together!
Strengthening relationships is what it's all about!
Cousins by the dozens!
Most of my Mammoth Caves are too dark...  
Only two turned out:
My Sister!
My niece, Mariah!
Just "beCOUSIN"
Sunday was church and LOTS of pictures....
The DeGooyer Family
The Honda Family
The Zane McCallister Family
The Ben McCallister Family
And we celebrated EVERYBODY'S birthday.
Scott made the cake!
And we all devoured it!  Yum!
And walked to Indiana from Kentucky....
Cousins being silly on the walking bridge.
All of 'em!
Monday we went to Beckley Park.  We hiked and played, etc.
These 5 girls braved the 3 mile walk in the middle of the hottest part of the day with high humidity!
Of course, the beauty was worth it!
A Sister is a Special Friend
She's my best friend!
They loved the beautiful train bridge....
And then we BBQed.
Building a 9 Square
Playing 9 Square was soooooo much fun!
The cutest jouster of them all!
This kid climbed so high - we could barely see him.
Begging Kiara to play.
Bubble Blowing Contest 
These two won!
Their own container of bubble gum!
And did anybody sleep, you ask?  We tried...
I love my daughters!
And some succeeded:
I already miss everyone!  I really love my crazy, unparalleled family!  They are mine!  And I am grateful!

2 comments:

  1. It was a great time and I was glad we were able to do it in Kentucky. What a blessing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little slow getting to the mail, but mail I have! Remembering the few days together with your Kentucky family is just what I needed today! So very blessed are we all. Mom/Mil
    Thank you DeGooyers!!!

    ReplyDelete