Saturday, November 11, 2017

NaNoWriMo DISTRACTIONS

We still have lives - despite participating in NaNoWriMo. 
Yes, we've caught this girl trying to write all night long...
Kotten Kandy, Taffy and I helped at an Eagle Scout Project for a great guy whom I will call A1 Steaksauce.  We made lines for archery in the lawn.  It was good.  I couldn't do much of the shoveling, but I was able to help line stones/pavers/bricks (not sure what to call them.)
A1 Steaksauce leads the way!
Kotten Kandy and Taffy digging the trench.
It was FREEZING!!!!
And hard work!!!!
But this girl kept smiling and doing her part!
While Kotten Kandy and I were doing service, Scott and Chris went to the Ohio State football game.  They love this yearly tradition.  And Ohio won!
Silly man!  I sure love this guy!
O-H-I-O!
Kiara has been having tons of fun with her crazy roommates and Cody.  They play games, watch movies, dance, and do all sorts of fun things together.  I'm so glad she's happy!  I hope she's studying and looking for a job too.  BTW I got to facetime Cody... and I think he's great.  So I approve of Kiara Lea's choice.
Amber - Kiara - Mary
These 3 co-eds make me smile!
I love them all!!!
Playing games....
College life...  Thanks, Amber, for the pics!
Cody and Kiara
Here are a few random pictures I forgot to post:
Laying on the floor?!
How cute is Raisin?!
She steals my heart!
And so does this guy!
Jelly Bean (I mean Batman) was hanging out
on my kitchen floor after Halloween....
Oh!  And I read another book.  I read Dear Fahrenheit 451 by Annie Spence. 
I loved the premise of this book, but I didn't like the author's book choices and language.  Let me explain.
The premise of this book is fairly simple.  It's a book of letters that Annie, a librarian, has written to various books.  Some of those books are love letters.  Some are break-up letters about books she does not like.  It made me want to write letters to my favorite books and some books I wish I had never read.
After reading this book, I knew that I would not like book advice from this woman.  She seemed liberal in her choices and liked love stories way too much.  She is also extremely liberal in her word choices (ie. she uses a LOT of four letter words).  Her sense of humor was sometimes OK, but usually crude. 
I guess I read the book because I thought "I could write something like this... and make it better with more thought out summaries of book plots.  I could choose books that weren't full of immorality and other negative principles."  So maybe I'll write a letter to Fahrenheit 451 someday too, and I'll include The Way of Kings and Harry Potter and the Hunger Games.  But don't expect bad language from me.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are good :)
    Look forward to your letter book. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrived from Idaho only minutes ago. Would you have guessed that your Dad has already been to the computer, found your blog and even lent the computer to me to see your blog? That's right! You've got a place of utmost importance in our lives... Thanks for sharing the pictures. :) Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete