Wednesday, November 1, 2017

AUTHORS AT WORK

Halloween was wonderful!  We ate our traditional chili and cornbread.  We dressed up.  We took Amy's kids trick-or-treating.  I passed out candy and "ooohed" and "ahhed" over all of the trolls, princesses, monsters, super heroes and zombies.  (Which is my favorite part!)  We shared our evening with good friends....
Our gang of Trick-or-Treaters
My boy!
Raisin is the cutest cat EVER!
This girl only sent me this photo from her crazy, fun Halloween celebrations...
She promised more.
She promised to send pictures of some of her friends.
She's kinda in trouble.
GJ made my day with her costume!
My sister does NOT dress up for Halloween.
She was required to for work this year...
I pretended that it wasn't a requirement and that she was doing it just for me!
I  LOVE my fun sister!  And I love that she channeled her inner-hippie!
And I LOVED being Penelope Garcia, technical analyst for the FBI!
Scott and a few of his employees got in on the fun too!
Nancy is the pirate, Scott is Rossi (from the BAU) and Paige is a paper doll
I just love Paige!
Scott does too... I promise.
And then we had our last rogue self-reliance class - for now.  Although we still plan to meet and encourage each other in our financial goals and accomplishments.
Getting ready for our class with kids hyped up on sugar was lots of fun...
Raisin is in a candy stupor in this pic...  But she loves Scott!
And Jelly Bean loves his Taffy!
And these two are crazy, silly after all of the excitement!
All of these activities were just warm-ups to the real "holiday": NaNoWriMo.  There are nine of us participating this year: Myself, Scott, Mark, Amy, Tyler, Kotten Kandy, Juice, Nuts and Marmalade.  We all got a good start on our books.  And we're all excited!  This year Scott got the least amount of sleep - he stayed awake all night!  I actually made it until 4:15ish and got up at 7ish.  This is such a fun, worth-while tradition!  And it encourages writing!  And we make it social too!
Sodas ✓
Friends ✓
Computers ✓
Ideas ✓
Amy's Silly Writing Puns ✓
Attitudes and Excitement ✓
And then we wrote...
Don't worry, Amy and I prepared for the month on Saturday by making freezer meals.  Our families may be neglected while we strive to reach our 50,000 word count, but they won't starve.
And this picture is because Key Lime Pie didn't send me the promised pictures of Halloween.
Meet her friend, Cody!

2 comments:

  1. And that is Halloween in a nut shell??? You celebrated circles around us. But, with your help, I feel like I've been there - and back! Thanks for the trip. Love you, MOM/MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have fun all the way around and no matter what! I admire you for that :) Love you lots and enjoy your month of writing!

    ReplyDelete