Wednesday, December 26, 2018

GOT PAINT? - CHRISTMAS PROJECT

Scott, Katia and I decided we wanted to save and carry out a huge Christmas project.  We've all been saving for over 4 months and were able to START a kitchen remodel.  I have never liked the color of my kitchen.  And the blinds were falling apart.  So with cash in hand, we hit Lowe's on Friday to purchase paint for the walls, ceiling and faux wood blinds.  We also got a new LED light fixture.  We spent 3 days detailing and painting and cleaning and putting together the kitchen.  We love the result!  And Scott insisted that we do a "professional" job... and we did, if I say so myself.  Our next "project" is scheduled to implement in May: new dishwasher, stove/oven, and microwave.  Stay tuned.
BEFORE:
DURING:
Too late to change our minds...
Who needs Picasso?  We've got Scott!
I paint outside the lines...
Yes, we are exhausted and worn out.
But happy!
AFTER:
YAY!  We did it!
COLOR SPLASH!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, it really is purple! Purples, Greens and Yellows - you make a very colorful bunch. :) It looks way bright and cheery - just like you said. And the deep clean it takes for such a project feels great too, doesn't it?! Can't wit to see it in person... Grandma Mil loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. I'll call you when we are ready to paint. I hate that job... and yes mom, I said hate I saved or for a biggy!!! 😉
    Looks real good y'all. 🤩

    ReplyDelete