Wednesday, June 12, 2019

MEMORIAL DAY AND SCOTT'S BIRTHDAY

We celebrated the men and women who died while serving our country with a BBQ, FHE about sacrifice and singing "The Star Spangled Banner" with our Kentucky Family.
We talked about how important the principle of sacrifice is.  We discussed Christ's sacrifice and the likened it to the sacrifice of our fallen heroes.  We talked about ways the military has taught us to sacrifice: they sacrificed bravely, they put others first, they do not hesitate to act, and they are humble about the sacrifice.  My favorite part: the singing.  I love the song "The Star Spangled Banner!"
And this HUGE turtle also made an appearance on Memorial Day.  I discovered him.  But I wasn't sure what to do with him... so I got our neighbors involved with a rescue.  He wasn't a pretty turtle.  But it was exciting!
Scott also celebrated 46 years of life last week.  I sure love my sweet husband!  And I'm glad I get to be a co-grandparent with him.  We are loving growing old together!
And our friend, Karen Mencer, also celebrated her birthday too with the YSAs.

1 comment:

  1. Scotty is lookin' good for 46 Grandpa!!! ;)
    I love our country and am so grateful for those who were willing to sacrifice so much for our freedoms!!!!

    ReplyDelete