Sunday, November 3, 2019

COLD, BOOTIFUL NIGHTS IN OCTOBER

I love when the weather gets cold enough for soups and friends and Halloween costumes and candy...
And finally fall has made an appearance here in Kentucky.  So we started off the celebrations with Soups and Sweaters.  I enjoyed eating the soups and visiting with my friends so much that I didn't take many pictures.  But it was an enjoyable Friday night.
Jelly Bean loved the bonfire and making s'mores with Scott!
These two wore matching "Best Dino Friends" sweatshirts!
I received this picture of Katia and her companion during Soups and Sweaters!
They joined in our fun without realizing it!
Then I blinked... and it was Halloween.  Our family decided to dress up as the characters from "The Way of Kings" book series by Brandon Sanderson. 
I am Queen Navani.  Scott is Dalinar.  Sheila is Syl.
Skittles is Kaladin.  Kiara is Shallan.  Cody is Adolin.
Halloween morning, Kiara and I took Skittles to my work service project.  I loved watching the smiles on the faces of the young boys at the orphanage.  (I couldn't take pictures of the boys... but I got a lot of pictures of my Inter-State Studio team and pictures of Skittles with my co-workers!) I have an amazing work family!
Kerri
Bradley
Nathan
Bethanie
Joey
Then Kiara and I went to see our husbands at work.  We got pictures there too.
Then Halloween night we spent with our extended family: the Bettenhausens!
Link, Princess, Indiana Jones, Dragon, Soldier, Soldier and Sherlock Holmes
Kaladin/Skittles loved his Spider plushy.
Sister DeGooyer and Sister Done were busy bees!
We all dressed up, went Trick or Treating, ate chili and cornbread, laughed and visited!
We ended Halloween in our traditional fashion: counting down to NaNoWriMo and WRITING!
Too much cuteness!
"WRITE ALREADY!"
NaNoWriMo participants (minus Mark and Juice who were sleeping.)
I love our silly family and  crazy traditions!
Bonus Picture
Throwback to 2010
My girls grew up way too fast!

2 comments:

  1. The throw back... where had the time gone?
    Love you all and your fun ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody - but nobody - does Halloween like the DeGooyers. Where on eart did you get the costumes?! And it's fun to see that Sister Katia carried on your tradition - busy bees even!

    ReplyDelete