Monday, September 21, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 64

 Holo, 


There were a couple of really good things that happened this week, but a couple of things that weren't the best as well. The week seemed to pass by sooo quickly, and it will go on record as one of the fastest on my mission!

Good news or bad news first? 

Good! 

I got to attend the temple for the first time in 8 months. My companion was able to finally take out her endowment. The whole experiance is one that I will not likely forget. It was vastly different than a normal trip to the temple, however, it was so incredibly special. I came with a couple questions and recieved an answer to all and even some that I hadn't even known that I wanted to ask. 

The crowning moment was at the end when I got to see all of the families together. It made me realize so truly and firmly, that joy can be found even sitting all alone. We can truly feel the joy of others as we allow our hearts to be happy for them. It helps when you have had experiences that are near what those around you are having. 

Bad news:

This week was kinda crazy, lots of random exchanges and things. One of my best mission friends is having to go home for some medical reasons. It hurts to see her go, especially seeing how bad she wants to stay and continue to be a missionary. I'm praying that after everything gets figured out that she'll come back out. So, please prayers for her. 

I've been studying, praying, and searching a lot lately. I read a gem this week in personal study. Alma 19:36 "And thus the work of the Lord did commence among the Lamanites; thus the Lord did begin to pour out his Spirit upon them; and we see that his arm is extended to all people who will repent and believe on his name." This is the qualification, and the blessing. We must continue to repent daily and believe on his name without ceasing. I am so grateful for my Savior, and his infinite grace and mercy! 

Much love,
Sister DeGooyer 
Hot Chocolate, anyone?!
My Peeps
Temple Update
Selfies...


2 comments:

  1. Good and Bad - Excellent description of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a quick note her way. :)
    Miss her, but it won't be long before she's home. Can't wait!
    Love her Mom too. Mil/Mom




    !

    ReplyDelete