Monday, September 28, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER -WEEK 65

 That's right, 100+ days left on my mission and I changed my email picture. It is an adorable depiction of me holding a puppy- enjoy for the next however long! 


Sudden realizations of how much time I have left keep hitting me. I am out of the dread and denial stage, now I am in the "live every day like it's your last" stage. Horah for Israel! I love this work, and I will enjoy it while I still have it in this pure form! ;) 

This week was loco, that's right,  ya girl is speaking spanish. You are now looking at a certified Hermana. I am debating whether I should buy a name tag just for kicks. I have been an Hermana for the last 2 days... not sure how long it will last. It could end tomorrow, but it could last for another 4 weeks. I absolutely love it, the food is so good and the people are so genuine! Sacrament yesterday was a bit confusing, but I managed to take the bread and water and that is all that matters! :) 

Trio life is a little bit too much fun, so I don't know how much longer it'll be like this. We all get along, and we teach incredibly well together.

We had the first mission conference in 9 months this week! It was incredible! 250+ missionaries gathered in Poky- social distancing style. We had to stay within our assigned zone. I stood on top of my chair and shouted my hello to some of my best mission friends. I may have looked like a crazy, but at least I was following the rules! #exactobedience :) I saw Horton, Robin, Greenwood, Morales, Moreno, Clark, Gilson, Soto, and Stichart. Those are just a couple of the names you might know from the past. It was good to see them, even if I could not converse. 

Our conferences are always themed, this one was complete with native american traditional dancers. A family that we are teaching were the stars of the performance! When they came on stage, Sister Brooks and I could not hold down our excitement! It took a lot to get them on that stage, but we got it and hopefully there will be a baptism and future sealing here soon! 

Brad Wilcox also made an appearance. He spoke to us for almost 2 hours, quite nearly. It was incredible! He talked about the logistics and finer details of gathering Israel. As a person who loves and craves knowledge, my page was covered in notes. It was incredible, if this email weren't already too long, I would detail it all for you! He talked a lot about Birthright, which gave me chills as he explained that each one of us is different from the rest of the world because of our divine birthright. He said "Don't let the world change you, when you were born to change the world." It was incredible! If you want to hear more about it, shoot me an email and I will either voice record my notes to you or write them all out. :) It's all too good not to share! 

President and Sister Southward spoke to us, and as always I learned so much from them. I love them and it is a privilage to learn from them. This time around it was all about listening to and following the Spirit. 

There was lots of service this week- that will be depicted in the pictures at the end of this email. 

This week was so incredible, I can't wait to see what is in store this upcoming week! 

Ooooo, uno more thought! I read the story of the Anti- Nephi- Lehi's this week! As always there is a lot that comes to mind as you read a story as incredible as that one! I went through the record of their conversion and I wrote down the individual things they did to become such a converted people. It's a long list, but it's beautiful, so I will take the liberty and type it out for you! 
- learn all you can 
- lay down weapons of rebellion and hurt 
- called by a new name
- friendly
- repentant 
- walk in the ways of the Lord
- always look to Christ
- be reliant upon the spirit of prophesy #GeneralConferenceisin5days 
- perfectly honesy 
- zealous 
- endured to the end 

Happy General Conference everyone, please, feel free to email me your insights! I'll do the same next week! Muchas love, mi amigos and familia! 

Hermana DeGooyer 
 


We toured a castle! Yup it's the same one I toured nearly a year ago 
Goodbye to Hermana Beech 
We had fun at the airport 
Brad Wilcox 
Highland Zone = Best Zone 
Last week pictures at Idaho Falls Temple 
Brooks' Mom, Brooks, and me :) 

P.S. soooo apparently I didn't take the service pictures... I will track down who did and they will be sent shortly. If no pictures come, then you know that my search failed. 

1 comment:

  1. Her mission has been wonderful for her. She'll be blessed for a life time for her service...
    Love to you all, Mom/Gma Mil

    ReplyDelete