Monday, November 16, 2020

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 72

Hello friends,

Guess who woke up sick -- this human.  Maybe it's because Sister Sifford and I literally got caught in a sleet and haul storm?  Who knows though? The perks of being in a walking area for winter! Two years in a row; is God trying to tell me something? Or perhaps HE is just preparing me for Rexburg?

This week was so good! Zone Conference, Interviews with President, Sifford's Birthday, Exchanges, and a multitude of those small miracles that make everything worth it!

Miracle 1) We were given a referral a week ago that we have been trying to check out. Every time we have gone there no one has answered. We decided to stop by one evening, but the lights were not on in the home. Sister Sifford and I decided to just leave it alone for the evening. The moment we decided to leave I felt like we should knock on the door - I thought to myself how stupid that would be especially considering how cold it was and how dark the house had been. I kept feeling like we should go so finally I said, "I really want to knock on that door." Sister Sifford didn't argue and shrugging we went back. We prayed as we walked, we do that now, because it's so cold if you stop for a second the wind gets to you. Right as we were coming up to the house the light turned on. The referral answered the door, we shared a message, and she invited us to come back!

This random guy showed up at church. We talked to him and found out that one of our favorite families invited him to listen to their daughter sing. He has been looking for a church and really liked our service! He gave us his name, number, and address!  Wooohooo!

What other small miracles happened this week? We met a dude from England, who wants us to come back! We had Costa Vida twice! We got to hold puppies twice! We had some amazing studies! We laughed A LOT! I threw a surprise party for Sister Sifford with our amazing members -- she was surprised! We ate ltos of cake! We went to ward council in both wards yesterday and the support and friendship we have with our members is the best! I saw a picker machine! It snowed a couple of times! We got in touch with some of our key families this week! Our mission went up to 117 people on date this week (we started the week at 61).

Y'all it was such a good week and to boot my studies have been INCREDIBLE! Oh, I love studying this gospel, living this gospel, teaching this gospel! I love my life!

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

Muchas love to all of my amigos,
Sister DeGooyer

P.S. BLESSINGS OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL (found in studies this week)
1 N 10:14; gathered together again/come to the knowledge of the true Messiah
1 N 12:9; judged by the twelve apostles of the Lamb
D&C 75:5; laden with many sheaves - crowned with honor and glory and immortality and eternal life
D&C 75:11; HE will be with you until the end
D&C 75:16; overcome all things - lifted up at the last day
1 N 15:14-18; come to a knowledge of the Christ - all the kindreds of the earth will be blessed through us
1 N 14:2; the gentiles will join us - it shall "no more be confounded" - blessed people, upon the promised land forever - no more brought down into captivity
1 N 14:14; "armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory."
1 N 14:26; lost or hidden scripture will be revealed unto us!!
D&C 77:9; the gathering and the restoration of all things
1 N 19:16; gathered from the four quarters of the earth
1 N 18:17; every people shall be blessed

Exchanges with Sister Cameron
I really wanted to hop on drive it.
After effects of the hail and sleet storm
explanation:
I bought this toothbrush package thinking it would last me my whole mission...
I am on the last one....
surprise party

2 comments:

  1. Katia's enthusiasm is contagious! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Happy !!!
    That's my take away from a most positive missionary serving in Idaho!
    One of the pics above is not like the others. One of the pics just isn't the same... Tooth brushes? I know what to get her for Christmas!
    Love to all, Mil

    ReplyDelete