Sunday, August 15, 2021

ALL IS CALM, ALL IS BRIGHT

It's been a fun and relaxing summer.  The best part has been sharing the joys of every day life with a 2-year-old!  Skittles brings wonder, humor and delight into our world.  Here are some of our happy moments:

I mowed the yard the other day.  Skittles brought me a soda.  Then asked if I'd play my music for him.  I obliged, and then he entertained me with an ENERGETIC dance!
Kiara and Cody took Skittles on a walk.
He wanted to walk the dog!
Apparently he's big enough to maneuver a grocery cart.
He needs to stop growing up!
Reading with grandma.  Eating cheese with grandpa.
Taking pictures of Karmel. "Cheesing" at Nursery.
Being a Charmer!
During a heat advisory... we (Kiara, Amy and I) decided to walk 4 miles.
Yes, we about died.  Yes, we were exhausted.
And YES, we love this crazy crew!
So glad I have a Kiara and an Amy in my life!
On the bottom:
Raisin, Skittles (Starburst is on top in yellow) , Jelly Bean, Marmalade, Nuts and Apple Pie
I love how beautiful everything is!
Heavenly Father is an amazing artist!
Kotten Kandy got a new ukulele from her grandfather.
(Yes, he MADE it!)
She loves learning and creating music!
She also goes to the temple EVERY chance she can!
She loves spending time with my side of the family:
Ken, G.J., Katia, Mil and Grandpa Mac
I'm jealous that she gets to spend time with my sister, her husband and my parents!
I'm learning how to sew!  Nicole is teaching me how to quilt!
Skittles is watching Spencer from Liken the Scriptures with Raisin!
And my grandson loves his "adopted" grandma: Nana Nicole and the Chicky Box.
He loves that she reads to him, gives him hugs, spends quality time with him, and lets him feed her chickens.  (He's fascinated by chickens.)
And having a dear friend who shares their garden produce with us has made Scott extremely happy.
He's made zucchini fries (YUMMMM!) and stuffed banana peppers (which HE loved).
My brother, Ben, and sister, GJ, took Katia 4-wheeling!
She loved it!
Scott and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary at the Cheesecake Factory.
Yummmm!
And let me just add, I'm sooooo blessed to get to spend eternity with this guy!
We made an amazing team!
My Wedding Anniversary Gift
Kiara makes life fun when she dresses her son and Groot in the same Captain America shirt.
Skittles was so excited to show grandma....
This cool dude makes me smile!
Scott asked me to take this picture... so he could look up what kind of plant these flowers belong too.  We'll be planting some Red Cypress Hummingbird Vines soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm LOVIN' all of it! 💜💛💙💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way fun pics! My favorites are the first set of four where Spencer is dancing and the picture of Sundy Lea with her yellow quilt square! Of course, all made me smile. :) Gma Mil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! Technology and I don't get along. I already 'replied' and pushed publish, but I don't think it did. :(
    I said, all the pictures are great, but my favs are the first four of Spencer dancing and the Sundy Lea picture with the yellow quilt square.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you got two! Let's make it three!

    ReplyDelete