Saturday, August 21, 2021

GARDENS AND GODDESSES - VACAY DAY 1

Scott and I needed a vacation.  So we decided to hit the road.  We had a couple of destinations in mind, but no idea where we might end up.  Day one: Tennessee.  We first went to Cheekwood Mansion and Gardens.  It was ah-may-zing!  Scott and I love walking through gardens and admiring the beauty of the plants, flowers, designs, and ponds.  Heavenly Father has given us so much beauty to enjoy!  We are blessed!  They also had some fun Lego displays throughout the gardens.  People are so creative.  

Me and my eternal cutie!

We LOVED this quote by Aristotle
This sculpture is called "Silent Music"
From the side it looked like he was holding a cello...
The color garden
This doesn't do justice for all the colors....
So many shades of green!
Gazebos
Fountains
Sculptures
I found his head!
The mansion... and the swan pond
Windows
LIBRARIES!  :-)
Scott
Lego Sculptures

After Cheekwood, we went to the Parthenon.  I really enjoyed brushing up on my Greek mythology.   I always enjoyed the stories.  Athena was spectacular.  And Scott and I really enjoyed the artwork of Lynn Goldsmith.  Her collection is called "Through the Looking Glass."  For some reason it "stuck" with me.

The Parthenon
Athena

Through the Looking Glass
Top: Scents
Bottom (Left to Right): Chocolate Love and Mirror, Mirror
Goddess of War



We ended the evening exhausted.  We walked over 5 miles in the heat with lots of humidity.  I think I got a little bit of sun poisoning because I felt sick.  But it was a beautiful day.  And the best part was spending time with my favorite person in the whole wide world!

1 comment:

  1. Day #1 looks wonderful! I don't want Gary to see it quite yet though. He's ready to go globetrotting, but I'm not quite there. :)
    The Parthenon and the gardens - both look like great choices! Love You Both, Mom

    ReplyDelete