Saturday, November 27, 2021

A HAPPY HEART IS A THANKFUL HEART

 I'm so thankful!  I really am.  I'm grateful for the gospel.  I'm thankful for my home.  I'm thankful for the beauty of the earth.  I'm thankful for my family (and my "adopted" family).  I'm thankful for friends.  I'm thankful for EVERYTHING!

Bettenhausens and DeGooyers for the WIN!
Our thanksgiving was full of traditions!  And I'm so glad!  And we spent it with OUR Bettenhausens!  And I'm so glad!  We needed the break from the world and the daily grind.  So we... did are annual Turkey Trot 5K.  But because of the weather... we decided to walk inside the church building... in circles... listening to Christmas music... wearing Scott's tie-dyed and designed by Scott.  It was sooooo much fun!  We also played frisbee before the Bettenhausens showed up.  It was PERFECT!

Skittles is learning to play frisbee.
He learned that Uncle Skylar loves frisbee.
So he's trying to keep up.
Aren't the shirts awesome?
And the red head is even awesome-er!
These two were competitive.
Although Kiara and I participated in the frisbee toss.
Showing off the shrits!
Running with Grandpa.
These two powered up.
Skittles and Starburst Level
Starburst and Skittles with Grandpa!
When they got tired of walking in circles...
they could sit together and talk.
And Raisin, after twirling in circles for over 10 minutes nearly passed out.
Couldn't do that on the trail....
I had to get a selfie of "the girls!"
And of course, Scott and Mark photo bombed.
Stretching out after hitting the 5K mark.
Then we had a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings!  Delicious!!!!

Kiara and I broke the bread.
And this is Skittle's contribution.
Stealing and eating the bread... like a boss!
The gang!  The table!  The food!  The LOVE!

Afterwards we played lots of games.  Ate pie.  And made a craft project with the kids.  It was an absolutely SPLENDID day! 

Everyone made their own set.
I forgot to get pictures.
This one is mine.
As an aside... my Bettenhausens are moving.  And I'm soooooo sad about it.  The Lord is helping me deal with it.  And he gave us this PERFECT day to celebrate with them and solidify our happy memories.  They truly are family... so we are going to handle our best friend status and family adoption remotely.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  I love all y'all!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are the funnest!!!!! Gonna miss the Bettenhausen clan so much! Thank goodness for the DeGoyers because that means the Bettenhausen’s will be back to visit! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all!!! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete