Wednesday, October 19, 2022

GRAND IS THE TIME SPENT WITH GRANDSONS

While I was in Idaho, my sister and I decided to spend time with our grandsons.  Since we both just have one grandchild, we have decided to share.  That way we get to love and share and influence more than one precious boy!

Skittles
Berry
First we went to the pumpkin patch with my sister's grandson, Berry.  He was actually scared of pumpkins, but he loved the corn pit and maze.  We also took him to Chick-Fil-A.  Who doesn't love Chick-Fil-A?!  By the end of the afternoon, he wasn't AS scared of pumpkins.  I bought him a tiny one.  GJ and I took turns "interacting" with the pumpkin to show him it wasn't scary.  Ha ha ha!

Berry didn't like getting his feet in the corn at first... so he sat on grandma's lap.
Proud grandma!
Starting the maze....
There was a chicken in the maze that kinda scared Berry, 
but I chased it off so he and his grandma could navigate the labyrinth.
Doesn't Berry make the best Charlie Brown?
And GJ makes a pretty good dog!  Ha ha ha!
Photos have to be snapped QUICK with Berry.
He's busy and doesn't have all day to pose... or smile.
But he loved his chicken fingers!
Then GJ and I made the trek to Rexburg to see my grandson.  Skittles didn't disappoint.  He ran to us.  He hugged us.  He played with us.  And he demanded ALL of our attention.  Skittles and I fed dinosaurs, danced with stuffed animals, watched Shrek, sang "Lose Somebody" by OneRepublic, and read over 20 books.  I showered him with all the attention I could in the space of a day and a half.  I already miss him now that I'm back home....

Skittles loves showing off his sliding skills!
And he knows he's adorable!
Snuggling up... ready to watch Shrek!
Shrek is a classic!
I'm glad my grandson loves it as much as I do!
Skittles decided to push his mama on the merry-go-round.
He was afraid to climb to the top of the jungle gym, but he loved going "inside."
Dancing to OneRepublic with our animals!
We were supposed to be pretending to sleep....
But Skittles wanted to make sure I was taking the picture.

Grandsons are the BEST!  I heard this quote the other day, and it expresses how I feel about my boy! 

"I never knew how much love my heart could
hold until someone called me Grandma!"

No comments:

Post a Comment