Sunday, October 30, 2022

TWO WEEKS IN THE PAST

 Well... this time machine... which is my blog... is woefully behind.  I still haven't caught up on my Idaho trip to see my parents from 2 1/2 weeks ago... and it's already Halloween.... I have good excuses.  But I don't want to dwell on them here.  I will mention that things are a bit sad right now in my life.  My mother is in poor health and I'm worried.  I'll leave it at that, and concentrate on the positive here:

When I went to visit my parents a few weeks ago, I was able to persuade my mom to take some pictures with me!  :-)  These pictures make me extremely happy!  She is the most beautiful woman I know.  She has so much love in her heart for everyone and has taught me to serve and love.  I'm grateful for her and my dad soooooo much!


Dad, Me, Mom
(The pictures were a last minute thought or I would have dressed up a bit more....)
The girls!
My best friends!
My Sister!  My Mom! Me!
Dad, GJ, and Mom
I also got some other fun pictures while in Idaho.  Katia and Skylar played pickle ball with GJ and Shanae.  It was fun to watch them while running around with my grandson.  (Yes... I got a few pics.)  

Katia and Skylar
And then... Skylar and Katia
Either way, they are AWESOME!
Then GJ and I also took my daughters, son-in-law, grandson, niece (GJ's daughter), and our nephew and his friend to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  It was so fun!  We enjoy our kiddos!  I love them all!

The Gang (left to right)
Katia, GJ, Spencer, Shanae, Kiara, Ender, Ender's friend, Me, Skylar
And even before my Idaho trip, we had some notable fun:  Scott and I went to Churchill Downs.  We had so much fun together... but it was WINDY!
Perfection is us... even though I don't like the beard.  Ha ha ha!
I got a rose!
It was a catered "box" and it was fun to watch the races.
The spires in the background were so iconic!
And general conference was wonderful!  I loved knowing that my WHOLE family was watching despite being in different time zones.
Skittles started off excited about watching the prophets...
But this three year old ended up like this.
Isn't my husband handsome?!
And here are some other wonderful pictures of my posterity (which consists of only one grandson right now... but someday?!?)
I LOVE this kid!
I LOVE this family!
They are so cute!
He wasn't sure about pumpkin carving....
Things are wierd right now...  I'll keep y'all posted about my mother and her health.  But I do want to share that I have faith in Jesus Christ and His plan for each of us.  I'm grateful for the happy moments, but I know that through Him we can grow and our testimonies can deepen through our trials too.  Hopefully this quick look into our lives brings joy when you need it.

1 comment:

  1. We can do hard things, through Christ who gives us strength!

    ReplyDelete