Tuesday, April 18, 2023

BLESSED TO GET PICTURES FROM PROM

 As everyone knows, I have TONS of kids that I call mine.  And I LOVE every single one of my "adopted" kids.  My seminary students and Amy's children definitely top the list.  

This week was Church Prom.  I'm so grateful for the photos that I received of my beautiful "daughters" in their gorgeous (and modest) dresses.  (And one of my cute girls - behind the scenes because she wasn't quite old enough to attend the dance.)  I also got three pictures of my boys.  

I promised Nate that I wouldn't post his picture on the blog... so you only get to see two.  But Nate loved me enough to share a picture with me.  You'll just have to use your imagination!  He's a good lookin' dude!  He's a leader (but doesn't know it.)  He truly loves his Savior.  He likes to tease me by setting up our seminary room on Sunday in odd ways, or writing funny notes to me on the board.  AND he always gives me TWO fist bumps before he leaves for school every morning because he knows I like things in twos.

I hope y'all enjoy the pictures as much as I do.  I wish I could introduce y'all to everyone of the kids.  They "slay." (Which is a slang term I learned this morning at seminary meaning they are really AWESOME!)

Emalene is the one on the right.
She went to prom with her cousin.
They had a fun night.
She especially loved the drink bar.
Isn't she lovely?
She loves the gospel of Jesus Christ and definitely shares her testimony in all she does.
She's also tough!  She is in ROTC & she loves cross country.
Jonah makes me smile.
He makes a face that looks just like Beaker on the Muppets for me sometimes.
He's funny.  He's kind.
He and I love reading "Beyonders" by Brandon Mull.
And he loves Star Wars.
I can't believe Mary is old enough to go to Prom.
She has grown into a friend... not just a little girl I used to "kidnap."
She loves dogs.
She loves art.
She loves to read and write.
She loves life.
I miss her (and her mom) soooo much!
Sariah
Sariah is lovely.
She's athletic.  She is an amazing volleyball player.
She's a great role model in my seminary class, as she is the oldest girl.
Despite getting teased a bit from the younger girls, she loves them and shows them love and acceptance.
Sariah is always so free with her love and has made me feel her love on more than one occasion.
and Brett
Brett is a rock!  He is reliable and strong.
I joke with him about his deep voice, but it is truly a strong bass.  :-)
Brett is the first to volunteer to help anyone.
He works hard.  And he loves physical work.
He's also super smart.
Grace (behind the scenes)
Grace has a testimony that is beyond her years.
She is funny.
She is enthusiastic.
And she isn't afraid to contribute.
She's also musical (plays the french horn, guitar, and bass).
And she runs hurdles in track.

Can you see why I love these kids?

1 comment:

  1. I DON'T WANT TO RAIN ON THEIR PARADE, BUT ACTUALLY YOU LOVE EVERYBODY.!

    ReplyDelete