Friday, November 24, 2023

I LOST TRACK OF "THYME"

 I have "pumpkin" to talk about... the last few weeks of my life have been a whirlwind.  Scott was out of town, and I was booked solid while he was away.  Then... Thanksgiving!  And of course... I have to talk about the other "turkeys" in my family (ie. the Lillywhites and the Browns and the Hondas!)

"Feast" your eyes on this little walk through my past few weeks.

GJ and I kidnapped our sweet niece and took her to see the musical: 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.  It was a wonderful production!  We all loved it and left singing at the top of our lungs, "Bless Your Beautiful Hide!"  The young man in the picture was one of the young men I subbed for in seminary.  He played Ephraim.  And he was perfect in the role!  

Me - Juju Fruit - Seester
Ephraim and Me
Then... GJ and I picked up the pottery we painted.  Here's my nativity:

My youngest son hosted a huge event.  According to Katia he was the "baste!"

Skylar is the apple of my "pie!"
Then I got to play mom for a few days as my dear friend went on vacation with her husband.  I had so much fun with Bael and Lobster!  (Bael is a fruit.)  We went to see the lights.  We made turkeys out of Oreos.  We got peppermint milkshakes from Chick-fil-A.  Lobster and I played a lot of pick up sticks, Uno and sword fighting.  It was really fun!

The tunnel of lights was spectacular!
Lobster and Bael
Rolling down the hill is a right of passage.
These two raced.  Bael won once.  Lobster one once.
Bael ate her turkey before I could get a picture.
Lobster ate a cookie just before the picture....
One night, Berry decided to entertain all of us on his make-shift drums.  My favorite part of the performance was the sincerely deep bow!

Bang!  Bang!  Bang!
Encore!
And my good friend sent me a photo of herself with a few of her students (whose permission I don't have to post - hence the edit) with blue tongue disease!  It made my day!  Thanks, Nicole!

Nicole!!!!
Here's a glimpse of Kiara and Cody's unusual Thanksgiving!

I love that they kept one of our traditions... but made it their own.
Cody wanted to run a 5K.  Kiara wanted shirts.
She died t-shirts and they went to the track.
Cody ran a 5K.  Kiara walked 1 1/2 miles.  Skittles almost made it an entire mile.
But he ran for a moment with his dad!
Dinner was NOT traditional.
They made everything for their feast from the Dungeons and Dragons Cookbook.

And Katia and Skylar have a new addition:

Meet Jude!
And here's a glimpse of my sister's Thanksgiving!

Zane's crew, Dad, GJ, Ken and Sheila
Gary and Berry ran a race too.
Shanae went hunting.
And Sheila hung out with the pigs.
Thanksgiving for us was a hit!  We spent the day with the Browns and the Salisburys.  (Skylar's family)  They are truly awesome!  We had so much fun: visiting, eating, playing games and crafting.

I'm grateful for Scott!
I'm grateful for my daughters and sons!
I'm grateful for Red Skittle!
I'm grateful for my sister and her family!
I'm grateful for my dad!
I'm grateful for the Browns!
I'm grateful for friends!

1 comment: