Tuesday, December 20, 2011

KEY LIME PIE LOVES HANDEL



George Fredric Handel’s Messiah
Oratorio
Composed: London 1741-1742 First Performed: Dublin April 13th 1742


Handel’s Messiah was an amazing oratorio. And I loved watching it! There was an orchestra, and being a violinist I paid more attention to the violins! I loved the songs too! We had an amazing trip to Nashville!

I especially loved the song “For Unto Us a Child is Born.” It was really cool to listen to the drums during the part where they sang, “his name shall be called wonderful, counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting father, the prince of peace.”

I also loved the “Hallelujah Chorus!”

“Hallelujah! Hallelujah…For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth… Hallelujah! The kingdom of this world Is become the kingdom of our Lord, And of His Christ… And He shall reign for ever and ever … King of kings, and Lord of lords…Hallelujah!”

We all stood up during that part! And I caught myself and my mom singing! The violin part was also fun during the “Hallelujah Chorus”.

I loved the violin's part, and I wish I could play it someday! My mom bought two complete scores for us to follow along while we listened. The whole time I mostly followed the violins part. They played in third position a lot. It was an amazing thing to see. I wonder if I am good enough to play with the orchestra that played the Messiah.

We got to sit directly in front of the trumpet and the timpani. I wish we could have sat in front of the violins. But it was still a great experience!!

I loved the Messiah! And I am glad George Fredric Handel wrote it! I wish I could go again! I know that my family wants to go again! Maybe someday my family can go again when I am performing in the orchestra.

By Key Lime Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment