Sunday, June 9, 2013

SUNDY'S SEVEN SABBATH SENTIMENTS - EDITION 6

It has been a FUN and EVENTFUL week.
1.
We decided that we needed a day to celebrate being girls!  So we invited two of our dear friends: Milk Duds and Marmalade over for chick flicks (Ella Enchanted and Tangled).  We also made bandanna purses.  It was loads of fun.  The day was completed with a trip to McDonalds (where even my two teenage daughters played on the toys) and drinking Icees!  The purses turned out adorable.  And all the girls had a great time!
2.
Wednesday was a Zoo Day!  We joined our friends the Bettenhausens and the Dasguptas for a trip to look at the animals.  It couldn't have been a more perfect day.  The kids were so much fun and well behaved.  The weather was comfortable.  And having two teen-aged daughters at the zoo was as much fun as taking them when they were younger.  They were a HUGE help with the younger children.  I'm blessed with amazing daughters!  We only got to go to about a fourth of the zoo, but since Amy got season passes (and included my daughters as her own children on her pass - because she didn't want to ever go without them) we will be going back again and again to see the rest.  This trip included the giraffes, elephants, zebras, rhinos and a petting zoo.  I don't want to bore you with all the pictures I took (only 89) so here are just a few of my favorites featuring Key Lime Pie and Kotten Kandy.
3.
If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you know how much I love flowers and taking pictures of flowers.  Right now the most beautiful flowers are blooming in front of my small pond.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I love the pinks and purples... but that orange just pops too.  Don't you think?
4.
We are getting ready for girls camp this week.  Our theme is tangled.  I'm using this image with the quote:  "Live the Life You Imagined... You are the Daughter of a Heavenly King."  I also made the cutest frying pans with the girls' initials for decorating the camp.  The poster: "Frying Pans!  Who knew? Right?" will accompany them!  I'm getting excited!!!!
5.
I've been working on the Christmas Sacrament Meeting Program for the past couple of weeks.  I think it's coming along.  I always need to work on it early so we can start practicing for it in September.  I'm really excited because I arranged "For Unto Us a Child Is Born" for a Violin Trio with Cello (no vocalists).  (We have 3 talented violinists in our ward - including Key Lime Pie, and a young cellist.)  It should be cool....
6.
The Ensign came this week.  I have been enjoying the articles immensely.  But my favorite article this month is:  Nine Principles For a Successful Marriage and Family by Jennifer Grace Jones.  As I read it, I felt the truthfulness of these principles.  We have tried to teach them to our own children throughout the years.  The principles are GREAT ones!  They are:  1. Faith.  2. Repentance.  3. Prayer.  4. Forgiveness.  5. Love  6. Respect.  7. Compassion.  8. Recreation. and  9. Work.
7.
Scott turned 40 yesterday!  We celebrated quietly, but effectively.  I made a Better-Than-Sex-Cake (his favorite).  I also got him a dutch oven.  Kotten Kandy got him a Kindle Fire and Key Lime Pie got him the game Werewolves.  We had lunch at Red Robin and spend the rest of the day working together.  Scott and the girls finished planting the tomato plants in our bucket garden, and then we cut tubes for CPS.  At one point the Bettenhausens and Hammond surprised us by coming over with cake and ice-cream.  They are such good friends!  It was a good day.
The best part of Scott's birthday?  I got to tell him how wonderful he is!  He is an amazing husband and father.  He is a fabulous priesthood holder.  He is selfless and a hard worker.  I am soooooooooooooooo blessed to have him as my eternal companion!  I love you, Scott DeGooyer!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Scottie! How does it feel to be the big 40? I ask because I will be joining you soon :) LOL Your Favorite Sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls' day sounded fun. Your day at the zoo sounded fun too. Scott's birthday must have been fun. And Girls' Camp could be the most fun of all...
    The DeGooyers certainly have a lot of FUN!!!
    Even Trey and I (doing our once in a lifetime week) haven't kept up... But we've had some fun times too.
    Love, Mil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positive attitude for life!

    ReplyDelete