Monday, October 2, 2017

"WHETHER BY MY OWN VOICE OR BY THE VOICE OF MY SERVANTS, IT IS THE SAME"

We LOVE the bi-annual opportunity we have to listen to our prophets and leaders in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  General Conference is truly the most wonderful time of the year!  And the traditions we share with our Bettenhausen and Thornton families have made this special weekend even better!  We eat delicious foods and take lots of notes.  We play games between sessions, go for walks, and discuss our favorite talks.
Taffy and Kotten Kandy
Scott
Me
Amy and Mark
Jelly Bean even payed attention.... sometimes!
And so did Raisin?!  (for about 1 minute!)
Apple Pie took notes and...
watched as a turtle!
Nuts
Marmalade
ONE of my favorite talks was Elder Ellis in the afternoon Sunday session.  He said, "hard is good."  He explained that we learn a lot from our trials and tribulations.  I tell my daughters, often, that "We can do hard things!"  And I loved how Elder Ellis reinforced that we can learn from the hard things we do.  There were many other talks that I dearly loved.  And I'm so excited to re-read each of the talks and study them.
Rough Housing between sessions
Love these two crazy kids!
Taffy fights me for Raisin and Jelly Beans affections!
We loved playing Shadows Over Camelot!
I played too!
Love it when these two are playing so well together!
Key Lime Pie also celebrated listening to our prophets, seers and apostles with good friends and good food!  She made homemade cinnamon rolls and taco soup.  YUMMMM!  I love knowing that she also partook of the Spirit of the Lord by listening and sharing traditions with her roommates. 
Kiara and Mariah
I love these two!
I'm related to them - and couldn't be more proud to be!
Roommates crocheting!
These four amazing girls loved Kiara's rolls!
Kiara crochets too!
I sure miss my eldest daughter!  But I'm super proud of her!
General Conference was wonderful!  We are so glad for knowledge that Heavenly Father still "speaks" with us today!  We will miss Elder Hales.  But we are glad we understand and know of the plan of salvation! 

1 comment: