Wednesday, April 11, 2018

AT THE END OF THE DAY...

"Even the darkest night will end when the sun will rise"
"At the end of the day you're another day older.  And the shirt on your back doesn't keep out the chill..." And we spent last night at Les Miserables!  It was wonderful!  I absolutely LOVE this story of redemption.  Throughout the story humanity is found even in the darkest places.  God's work continues to be done throughout.  Scott and I have seen this musical-live 3 times together.  (I've actually seen it 4 times in theaters.)  We have also watched the movie multiple times.  It is one of our personal favorites.  We love to discuss the recurring spiritual themes throughout.  And we love the music, sets, costumes and story.  We thought this production was good... but not the best one we've seen.  We were kinda disappointed that the actor who sang "Drink With Me" portrayed as a drinking song.  And of course, we are always disgusted with the Thenardiers but last night's depiction of the crude couple was especially offensive.  Maybe we are just getting old and offended by lewdness.  Valjean was AMAZING!  His voice was spectacular.  And the rest of the cast was good too.We got to go with all of Scott's leadership team from work.  They are great people!
Work Family!
"Tomorrow we'll discover what our God in Heaven has in store!"
We sent this photo to Kiara and Cody saying: "We miss you here!"
Us
They sent us this photo saying: "We miss you too!"
Them
I have been working on this cross-stitch for a friend for over 2 months.  It was a hard one.  I designed it and created it.  It's done! 
Also... aren't these two boys adorable?!  I'm glad my friends share their kids with me!
Licorice and Apple Pie
And these two cute girls were waiting for Scott in "his" chair.  They kept asking where "Gott" was...
Raisin and Lemonbalm
And then these two red-heads helped me make LOTS of white chocolates for Kiara's wedding next week.  YUMMMM!
Licorice and Bubblegum
I love these boys!
I'll really miss them when they move out.
I have been reading some fun books.  (Thanks, to Audible and a long commute to the different schools I take pictures at....!)  
I re-read Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin.  It's still one of my favorites and inspires me to be better every time!  I realized that I need to have lots of reminders and reviews of good principles found in this book.
I also read Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic.  It was OK but not great.  It was full of platitudes with nothing new.  Nick is a young man who knows what it means to have severe limitations, but he's not been limited by them.  He was born without arms or legs, and with the support of a strong family, his own determination, and faith in God.  He is positive ans passionate.
I would have to say that this is not a bad book, but definitely not my favorite. 
And I just finished listening to The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy - What the Cycles of History Tell Us About America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny by William Strauss and Neil Howe.  This book is extremely hard to read.  The vocabulary is tough and the concepts are a bit confusing.  BUT I liked it a LOT!  I liked viewing history from the perspective of cycles and generational change.  I found it fascinating to discover that I am part of the Nomad generation.  Each cycle repeats every 80 years or so.  I learned a lot about people and patterns and human nature.  I also really liked the predictions made in this book.  This book has a LOT of food for thought!  I definitely recommend it... but it is difficult.

2 comments:

  1. I'll start with the last first...I agree with all you said about the
    Fourth Turning. When you cross stitched the banners for us all, I felt we'd pared the book down into comprehensible language whether people had read it or not. Right>!
    I loved Le Mis too. But I saw it twice in the theater, and once at home. I've never seen is on stage. You do have fun!!!
    Tell all kids pictured that I can't wait to meet/see/catch them all! Love Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of my Kiara and her man :)
    Great music from the play you saw! Fun!
    Cute kids at your place!
    Wish I had more time for books ;)
    LOVE the cross stitch <3

    ReplyDelete