Monday, June 18, 2018

MY HEROES!

Fathers are the biggest source of strength for a child.  Dads are all powerful, super smart, and the most important person in the family.  They are honest, spiritual leaders, experienced, and always have our best interest at heart.  Is it any wonder that my heroes are my husband and my dad?!  I'm super glad we get to celebrate our fathers once a year....  It should be daily!
Scott
Cute Man!
His Gnome Garden makes me smile!
And he loved getting 4 gnomes for Father's Day!
Katia and I made this delicious berry trifle!
I've never made one before... but Scott wanted one for Dad's Day!
This man is my rock!  He is a kind, laid-back, patient man who takes care of me and our daughters with love, laughter and a spiritual strength!  I'm truly blessed that he is mine for eternity!
Dad
GJ and I gave my dad a home-made guitar strap...
GJ is super talented with leather!
We also had a DVD made of a video my cousin made in the 80s about my grandpa Mac.
This great man taught me to think for myself.  He taught me the basics of testimony and to love creating things (esp. music).  Through his example: I learned hard work and the importance of reading good books.  He did all this and more with love, quiet strength and patience.  (I think the men in my life need a lot of patience... just to deal with me!)  He is the "perfect" father!  And I'm truly grateful that families are forever so that I can be associated with my dad for eternity!
Happy Father's Day!
I also finished reading A Dangerous Mourning by Anne Perry today.  I really enjoy her style of writing and the William Monk, detective character!  Hester Latterly, the nurse, is awesome too!  I don't think I'd be a good detective though....  I just can't figure out who-done-it until after it's completely clear.  I'm always surprised!
Anne's insights into human psychology are perceptive and thoughtful.  The story line was engaging from start to finish.  I like her books.  (At least, the two I've read so far.)
Oh... and Kiara and Cody are babysitting for this cute little boy!  Great practice!  😉
She is in her element!
Even Cody thinks he's precious!
BTW - I will be missing in action for the next couple of weeks....  We are headed to Germany to visit our foreign daughter!  But don't worry, I'll blog LOTS when I get back from Europe.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT MEN!!! AMEN & AMEN to that!!!
    Kiara and Cody better be careful... too much of that and they you know where it will lead. ;D

    ReplyDelete






  2. Sundy, even though you leave tomorrow, you make time to blog! A wonderful blessing for your girls and all of us... Kiara Lea, how are you doing? The baby belongs to who?! Katia Rae, I'm wishing an incredible experience in the next couple of weeks! Have greaet fun, Honey... Mom/Mil
    P.S. Your two favorite fathers are two of my favorite too. :)

    ReplyDelete