Monday, October 8, 2018

LIVING FOR THIS WEEKEND

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints held the 188 semi-annual General Conference this weekend.  It is one of our favorite "holidays!"  We celebrated in our traditional way... but added a Saturday morning fun run/walk 5K!
We signed up to walk/run The Great Pumpkin Run two months ago.  Unfortunately, we didn't plan on catching a terrible cold and having a difficult time breathing...  But we still participated!  And it was fun!  I think we'll make this tradition part of the celebrations every October conference!  
Amy - Me - Katia
We did it!
Scott was there to support us!
We got medals, pumpkins and green running jackets!
I was proud of my time - especially since I was sick.
Then we gathered together to enjoy listening to the prophets for over 10 hours! There is nothing better than listening and learning from our leaders!
Love this family!
Raisin enjoyed her sweet rolls!
I really love these two!
Watching conference with Jelly Bean makes me happy!
I took notes... in a different way....
This girl loves the gospel!
Between sessions... Jelly Bean gave Kotten Kandy a make-over!
This girl is so pretty!
I wanna look like her!
This evening, we finished our celebrations with our General Conference Family Home Evening.  We had a picnic and everyone shared their favorite part of conference.  This tradition has really made conference extra special!  Even 3-year-old Raisin shares her favorite part: "Jesus!"  I love us!
Mmmmm - Hoagies
She's so silly!
Yummmm!
Chris and Scott
Love these kids!
Apple Pie and Kotten Kandy
Diva!
Playing Frisbee
Bonus:
Here is the first picture I have of my beautiful grandbaby:
And here are some cute pictures of my sweet daughter and her cute husband:
Cody and Kiara
They rock!
And, yes, we had tacos on National Taco Day! (Katia was adamant!):
Katia - Scott - Me
Tacos!

3 comments:

  1. Grand baby is beautiful :) <3 So excited for you all!!!
    As for conference - LOVED IT!!! Glad you have such great family to share it with and such great traditions. <3
    PS - loved Katia's makeover :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes you 'Grand' makes me 'Great Grand'! This baby is #1 no matter how you look at it!
    I love Conference weekend too - as well as the treats that go with it. I wish is was more often than it is... Love, Mil

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes you 'GRAND' makes me 'GREAT GRAND'! This baby will be a #1 no matter how you look at it. :) I also love Conference weekend - for the spiritual food - as well as the physical ones. Wish it were more often than it is, I think... Love Mil

    ReplyDelete