Sunday, February 3, 2019

LIFE IS AWESOME!

I love my life!  And good things are happening!
We got to spend last Sunday with some of our favorite people (Matt and Kiera) playing strategy games!  I loved learning to play Seven Wonders and I think they enjoyed playing Instanbul too!  And the Derby pie they made was divine!  Thanks for the recipe, Matt!  Let's double date again!
Aren't they adorable!
And we love hanging out with them!
I'm working on my selfie-game!
Guess who moved to Kentucky this weekend?  My DAUGHTER AND SON!  They left Thursday night and drove  until Saturday morning!  We are sooooooooooo glad they are here safely!  It's a joy to have them back with us!
On their way....
Hats and the Sun and my Son
Enjoying Qdoba together after a loooong trip.
AND We had another Blue Party!  This time with all of our YSA branch!  I REALLY love "MY" kids!  And I'm blessed to call them all mine!  I could tell a story about each one... and shout praises and talents and things I love about each person in these photos:
I truly love our sister missionaries!  And Alexis and wearing blue!
Table 1
Table 2
Table 3
Table 4
Table 5 - or as I call them, our future boy band.
(Not sure if they can sing... but they got looks and personality!)
Guess who's going home?  One of our all time favorite missionaries: Elder Iglinski!  He ROCKS!
Watch out world!  He's going to be amazing!
And my dad is channeling his dad by growing a small mustache!  WHAT?!  It really looks like my grandpa... what a disconcerting picture?!
Grandpa Mac, the second!
I also finished reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  It was truly joyful to read!  And I definitely recommend it!  I loved reading all the letters and enjoyed how each letter was so full of personality and spunk.  I miss letter writing days.  (Perhaps that is why I write so many letters to people STILL...) 
I love how this story connects history and the German occupation during World War II with a good old fashioned love story.  I also loved how books and literature came into the story.  The characters are vivid and easy to love.  And my favorite line in the whole book was "Reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad books."  This is truly a good book!  I love it and will be placing it among my favorites on my bookshelf.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing your family together!!! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’œ
    So glad you have wonderful kids to love at church too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times - people, the gospel, food and books! couldn't get much better than this, could it?

    ReplyDelete