Monday, September 9, 2019

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 10

Where to begin? Missionary life goes on as normal, and hopefully you regular people's lives have gone on in the usual way. Although it is great to have some good, albeit unexpected, things happen; then again unprecedented things happen everyday, so maybe that IS normal life.... 

This week went by in a blur, which I was grateful for on multiple accounts. We are doing the soda fast for a whole transfer. For those of you who aren't accustomed to missionary lingo that means 6 weeks. I have made it almost a week and a half. This week during weekly planning Sister Coleman helped me make the goal to not, think, complain, or mention soda. I realize that by typing this, I am breaking all of those rules. It did not help that on Thursday we went to Soda Barn to celebrate Sister Jose's year mark. Guys, I got flavored water. Water with a shot of Kiwi- it tasted like cucumbers... which is not a terrible thing, but it is also not a good one. 

Overview of the week: We started off the week by getting kicked out of a service project by the AP's- it's not like it sounds, but at the same time it is... *30 missionaries, my companion, and I painted a ladies house! It was fun, but as you can probably imagine, crazy! *Sister Coleman and I crashed a funeral, a Luau, and we almost crashed a wedding. We did not do it on purpose. *We DEEP cleaned our fridge, which was the best feeling in the world! *We watched President Nelson's 95th Birthday Broadcast, it was so good! (Fun Fact: It is his Birthday today so Happy Birthday to President Nelson!!!) *The trailer for the Book of Mormon video came out! It looks awesome! They are releasing the video's starting September 20th! 

Shiloh is a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!! There is too much to remember and write down about the service; the best thing I can say is that she looked so happy. The room was packed and overflowing; all of the young women in the ward came to support her. After the baptism, Sister Coleman and I were excited to turn her from dark green to light blue on our digital area book.   
As I watched her get baptized it struck me how free she is. Shiloh is a little crazy sometimes, but when she got out of the water she looked so peaceful. Freedom enables peace. Shiloh now has the ability to make other covenants with her Heavenly Father which will bind her to him more fully and in turn give her the freedom to be all that she has potential to be. It's a beautiful and wonderful thing- I can't wait to see what she does with her life and all that she becomes.   

Life is good! It was kind of a crazy week, but I am grateful for it nonetheless! I hope y'all a wonderful and distinctive week! 

Muchas Love, 
Sister DeGooyer 
Painting...
Shiloh!!!
We went to the wrong luau
Filling up the font. (It took 2+ hours.)
Idaho Rain
All the sisters who got kicked out of the service project.
We got donuts and served at DI.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how blue her eyes are in the up close pictures! She is an amazing person! Which I could do the no soda fast for her - it's easy enough for me. But challenges are what help us grow! Yeah for Her!!!

    ReplyDelete