Monday, September 16, 2019

SISTER DeGOOYER - WEEK 11

Hello Everyone! 

This week was a good one, as always, but it went by way too fast! There were a couple highlights! 

One week after her baptism, we got to take Shiloh back up to Idaho Falls to do baptisms for the dead. It was so neat to see how excited she was, she came out of the font smiling. She told Sister Coleman and I over and over how happy she was to "help the people in Spirit Prison!" Since we have begun teaching Shiloh we have had the help of all the Young Women. It has been inspiring to see them rally around her, they did not miss her baptism and they weren't about to miss her first time to the temple either! :) 

Quick Update: 
We did a Blitz in our area this week! It took a lot of preparation, but it was super fun! 
We painted with Yoda.
I have decided that I need to go on a sugar fast as well as Soda- pray for me! 
We talked to a lot of people, who agreed that we could come back! :)
We went to a couple of ward parties that were honestly a lot of fun! We invited a couple of random people and they actually came, which was so exciting!!

This past week I have started reading all of the Conference talks from last April over again so that I can be prepared to hear the prophets speak in a couple of weeks! I especially loved "A Home Where the Spirit of the Lord Dwells" by President Eyring. His pattern of dissent and his remedy is so true! I also loved Elder Hales talk entitled "Answers to Prayer" this quote in particular touched my heart! "When we honor our covenants and strive to be more like our Savior, we are entitled to a constant stream of divine guidance through the influence and inspiration of the Holy Ghost." 

I just want to say that I love this gospel and I know that it is true. Listening to the Spirit is not easy sometimes. Often He calls you to step outside of your comfort zone. However, when we put our faith in God and act on those promptings, we show God that He can trust us. Unfortunately, we make mistakes and life is full of steps that should have been taken, and promptings that have gone unheeded; that is where the second principal of the gospel of Jesus Christ comes to help us. Repentance is key.

I wish you all a wonderful week!

Love, 
Sister DeGooyer  
Friday the 13th and a Full Moon
Temple Pic
Temple Pic at Sunset
Painting at the Palace Playhouse (Me - Sister Coleman - Elder Bishop)

2 comments:

  1. Repentance is key - Amen Sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a card out to write to you. So I'll make this a little short. I must say that I love the pics from - and of - you. The sunset over the Temple - WOW! You look (and sound) great! Love YOU, Grandma Mil

    ReplyDelete