Wednesday, April 7, 2021

EASTER & GENERAL CONFERENCE & FHE

What a weekend!  Easter is one of my favorite holidays!  (It's up there with Christmas and DeGooyer Day.)  I love celebrating the most important event in the history of ... well... of FOREVER!  I am so grateful for the Savior, Jesus Christ, and His sacrifice for me.  I love how Dieter F. Uchtdorf explained this momentous event: "On Easter Sunday we celebrated the most long-awaited and glorious event in the history of the world.  On that day, my life changed.  Your life changed.  The destiny of all God's children changed."

What makes this year's Easter celebration even better is being able to listen to later-day prophets all weekend long.  General Conference is the best!  So this is how our weekend went down:
1. The Easter Bunny dropped off Easter baskets.

The bunny brought bubbles!
And the bunny brought board games!
This is our newest game.... Scott is so excited!
And the story of Easter is about Jesus.
Skittles read it to us.
2. Watched conference on Saturday.

Waiting for it to begin...
Listening to Elder Uchtdorf.
3. The Easter Bunny returned and hid eggs during the Saturday afternoon session.  All children below the age of 17 participated.

Skittles LOVED hunting for eggs!
And he was good at it!
It's because all the practice he has had
picking up tubes and putting them in a bucket.
Starburst is ALWAYS moving.
I was lucky to get this picture.
He and Skittles are adorable together... 
although they are complete opposites.
Raisin was so excited to collect eggs.
And this guy hammed it up for my picture.
At least it wasn't a ninja pose with a grimace - 
I'm saving that picture for blackmail!
My 12-year-old is getting so handsome!
Marmalade wasn't sure she wanted proof that she still hunts for eggs!
My advice:  Stay young while you can!
And Nuts is always a GREAT sport!
Trying to get a picture of them together isn't easy!
Skittles loves to share!
He thought there might be more eggs up the hill...
Is there anything more adorable?
4. Saturday night, Scott and Kiara made LOTS of sweet rolls.  And we watched the Priesthood session of conference.

5. Sunday we invited the sister missionaries over to watch with us.  We ate our traditional breakfast of sweet rolls, sausage/cheese balls, and scrambled eggs.   YUMMMMM!

6. We watched conference!  It was glorious!  And there was a LOT of excitement at the announcement of a new temple being built in Grand Junction, Colorado!  (I could hear my parents, brothers and sister shouting for joy all the way across the country.  And my daughters' claim that their ears are still ringing from the joyful screams that I admitted at the news!)

7. We had a quiet, Easter dinner of ham, funeral potatoes, salad and rolls.  Another win for delicious food!

I was actually able to get some Easter pics.
I love his Easter outfit.
And he loved posing with the bunnies!
Sometimes... Scott and I think Skittles looks like Ron Weasley!
We LOVE our little Weasley!
8. Monday, per tradition, we (the Bettenhausens and us) continued the conference celebrations with a picnic at the park for Family Home Evening.  We all share our favorite parts for the weekend as we eat sub sandwiches.

He loves picking up sticks!
Can you just feel the joy?

And here are a couple of random pics:

Marmalade decided to "play" with our snake.
Yes, we have a snake.
And yes, our snake, Kalek, is still doing well.
We love walking at Beckley Park.
And I love seeing my daughters spend quality time together!
I'm glad they are best friends (like me and G.J.)!
This is my backyard, this morning!
Mama is showing Skittles a caterpillar.
He loves his outdoor time!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta admit you have one cute grandson and I have an even cuter great grandson! Lovely Conference weekend and Easter! We are blessed. Mom/Mil

    ReplyDelete