Sunday, April 25, 2021

IDAHO - PART 1

Katia is officially a BYU-I coed now!  Scott, Kiara, Katia, Skittles and I took a road trip to Rexburg to get her settled.  It was a fun time... and an emotional time.

Before we left, Skittles and his aunt spent some quality time together.  For some strange reason, they enjoy sitting in front of the front door and visiting.

Bonding looks like this.
And this.
Skittles and Starburst love looking out the window together...
especially when daddy is mowing the lawn.
Before we left, mom and daughters gave themselves facials!
The road trip lasted 24 hours.  Believe it or not, Skittles was a great traveler.
Two of my favorite smiles!
We got to meet Sister Sifford!
She is every bit as wonderful as Katia said she was!
And her companion, Sister Wagner, is the granddaughter of one of our dear friends in Kentucky!
She's a gem too!
These two really love the Lord and each other!
I'm grateful for them and their examples!
While we were in Pocatello (Katia calls it Poky) we went to see the nearly finished temple.  It was fun to see pictures of it's progress on Katia's mission... and now:
The temple is our favorite place!
And this girl loved being a "part" of this one!
Once we were in Rexburg, we met up with my niece!
Mariah is beautiful and kind!
She is truly a blessing in our lives... we're glad we got to have lunch with her!
Saying goodbye is hard.  Jason Mraz's song is on my mind:
Oh, my, my
How beautiful
Oh my irrefutable father
He told me
Son sometimes it may seem dark
But the absence of the light is a necessary part
Just know, that you're never alone
You can always come back home
Oh, my, my
How beautiful
Oh my beautiful mother
She told me
Son in life you're gonna go far
If you do it right
You'll love where you are
Just know that wherever you go
You can always come home
Every road is a slippery slope
There is always a hand that you can hold on to
Looking deeper through the telescope
You can see that your homes inside of you
Just know, that wherever you go
No you're never alone
You will always get back home!

1 comment: