Monday, April 26, 2021

HONEY BEES AND DERBY HATS

We have been bee keepers for 7 years.  (And by "we", I mean, Scott.)  We've had good years and bad years... but our struggle is keeping them alive over the winter.  Scott has winterized, prayed, and prepared for the cold and our bees have rarely "made it" through the cold months.  This year is different!  Our bees are thriving!  I have one happy husband!  And I'm looking forward to the harvest!

My Bee Keeper
He's so brave!
They swarmed... and he now has too hives!
Joy sounds like bees humming!
Joy looks like my husband grinning behind a protective mask!
Aren't they gorgeous?
"He is not worthy of the honey-comb
That shuns the hives because the bees have stings."
-Shakespeare
And... the Kentucky Derby is this Saturday.  So for FHE we thought we'd decorate Derby hats.  And true to my husband's creative mind (and thinking way outside the box) he decided we could incorporate some bottles and lids left over from his work.  I thought it was a fun idea!  We all enjoyed modeling our creations.

Hatters gonna hat!
(This bad pun is just for Amy!)
Run for the Roses... and Fancy Hats
Cuteness overload!

2 comments:

  1. Yippee, for the bees in your hives! And I didn't realize derby hats were even a thing. When and where do you wear them? Mil wants to know... MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say... Y'all are crazy! 💕
    Love the bee thing 🐝
    PS - autocorrect tried to correct my bee comment to "like the beer thing." LOL! 🤣

    ReplyDelete