Sunday, April 25, 2021

IDAHO - PART 2

 After dropping Katia off at school, we headed to Boise to spend time with my mom, dad, sister and brothers!  Scott joined us on Sunday, but flew home on Monday.  The rest of the trip, I enjoyed spending time with my mom canning LOTS of chicken and making LOTS of soap.

Aunt GJ was so excited to share "her" river with Skittles!
Both Ken and GJ love their grand-nephew.
Grandpa and Skittles looking out at the birds!
Grandpas and their grandsons!
Grandpa Mac & Gary
Grandpa Scott & Skittles
Grandpa Ken & Blueberry
These two second cousins seemed to enjoy each other!
And these to grandpas absolutely LOVE being grandpas!
Emily brought her bubble machine!
Such fun!
Both boys LOVED the bubbles!
Skittles loved the yellow bedroom AND his Wyoming moose!
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures at Uncle Zane's house.
He loved their property and the chickens.
Uncle Ben introduced Skittles to alpacas.
Skittles loved the "pacas!"
He even pet them.
And he gave his second cousin sweet hugs cuz she played peek-a-boo with him!
He wasn't sure about Uncle Ben though....  JK
Soap making was CRAZY!  It's a huge process.  The hardest part was getting the lye solution and the fats/oil solution to the right temperature.  The lye is extremely dangerous.  I ended up getting burned all up and down my left arm.  I learned a lot.  And I will definitely make soap again - albeit with more caution.  Chemical burns are NO FUN!  BUT spending time with my mom is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!  I'm so grateful she's one of my best friends!
Mom's taking the temperature.... I'm stirring in lye.
Mom's scraping out soap.  I'm pouring.
Dad built our molds.  They looked soooo good!
It worked!
Apparently... while we were in Boise, Katia's cousin, Rachel, visited BYU-I.
They accidentally ran into each other!  How fun!  It's a small world!
We are home now.  It was a great trip to Idaho!  I miss my family that lives there soooo much!  Someday I hope we all live a lot closer.

2 comments:

  1. I 💕 it! Y'all are missed. 🤟

    ReplyDelete
  2. You caught us all in fun ways! And any project is a winner when we can do it together... Card Making next??? Love YOU, Mom

    ReplyDelete