Thursday, May 5, 2022

IDA"HOME"

 Idaho is becoming my home away from home.  Not because I love the mountains/land (although it is pretty) but because my entire family is there.  After dropping off my grandson and his parents in Rexburg, we said goodbye to our sons and daughters, and headed to Boise.  I got to spend an entire week with my mom and sister.  It was absolutely wonderful to spend quality time with my besties!  Here's what we did:

We spent a morning visiting with Skylar's grandparents.
They are amazing!
Skylar blessed us by marrying our daughter so we can become friends with his family!  
GJ and I have decided to share our grandsons!
Berry kept me busy.  So glad he liked me.
I got to read 3 whole pages before he decided to move on to the next activity.
Sure love this guy!
Mom and I spent 3 whole days canning on her new outdoor stove.
It was fun for me... and I loved the new equipment.
I made dandelion jelly for my sister and mother to share with their friends.
One of GJs friends, Kaylie, shared her jelly with her family.  GJ got this adorable text from her.
Breakfast with some of "our girls!"
Me - Sheila - Mariah - Kaylie - GJ
A flower arrangement from Tara's garden for my mom!
Another angle.  Isn't it gorgeous?!
I got to teach GJ's YW class on Sunday.
We learned about how God gives us commandments out of love for us.
Here are the treats I made.
Ben and Kristi took me to see their property in the mountains.
It's spectacular!
Ben even trusted me to drive his side-by-side 4-wheel drive.
The beauty of our Heavenly Father was on full display!
Blessed to be with my brother and my sister (Ben and Kristi)!
And afterwards, he treated us to Chipotle.  Mmmmm!

It was a wonderful "vacation!" I miss my family already.  I especially miss my own daughters, sons and adorable grandson.  Lucky for pictures:

Apparently Skittles wanted to paint his fingernails...
Thus, he found some permanent markers and proceeded to do so.
Eating ice cream together makes life sweeter!
Sleeping in his Spiderman big boy bed.
Skittles LOVES watching out the door.
Learning to make macaroni and cheese.
And learning to make scrambled eggs.
I couldn't resist buying (and sending) Skittles this fedora.
I LOVE that smile!

1 comment:

  1. I sure enjoyed our week together! We sure have cute grandboys! I love sharing them, though I'm certain you will end up the favorite with all the fun stuff you do. 😘 🤟

    ReplyDelete