Sunday, May 29, 2022

OUR HAPPENINGS... AS EMPTY NESTERS

I got to go out with the girls!  It was sooooo much fun!  We went to see Saturday Night Fever at the Derby Theater Playhouse.  The dancing and music was totally "groovy!" and the friendships/company was even better!  Jackie invited an awesome group of women to hang with.  I loved each and every one of them.  I'm blessed!  I love these women.  And I'm excited to get to know a couple of them even better.
Lora, Jackie, Kim, and ME
Nicole, Me, Kim, Lora, Jackie and Ashley
Nicole, Me and Kim
In other news, my grandson picked a flower for me while he was visiting my sister.  And she sent other wonderful pictures of "our" grandsons.  (We share.)  I was a bit jealous... but I'm grateful Skittles and Berry are so loved!
MY flower!
Skittles loves me!
A fort to nap in....
Grandma Mil shared her donuts with little "birds!"
Watching a show together!
At the creek.
(The other adorable picture at the creek contained a naked baby skinny-dipping,
and I try to keep my blog PG rated.  Ha ha ha!)
Aunt GJ taught Skittles the "I love you" sign for Grandma!
Scott and I decided that after redoing our bathroom last week, we needed to freshen up our walk-in closet.  We painted it, and Scott laid new carpet.  (He taught himself using YouTube videos.)  I love it!
Before
After
We keep catching a mean racoon.  We let him go and he came back.  This guy is vicious.  
The stick is for opening the cage without being bitten....
And we hired an amazing young man to come help Scott work in the yard.  I love this kid!  Thank you, Nicole, for sharing your son with us!
Love these guys!
Thanks, Jonah!
I found a new drink that Scott LOVES.  It's a limited edition: Blackberry Ale 8.
How did y'all spend National Hamburger Day?  We went to the Blind Squirrel.
Look!  I found more mushrooms to take pictures of!  Yahoo!  I don't know why they fascinate me so much?!
And then... my favorite part of this weekend, so far?!  My piano students gave a recital!  They really are remarkable and learning so much.  I get so excited sharing music with them.  I'm blessed beyond measure to have so many great kids to teach!
Music and Kids make life worth living!
And two more pictures... because Skittles is adorable:
I love how he lines up his toys so purposefully.
And... yes, he does dress himself... including the hat.
He loves his fedoras.




1 comment:

  1. 🤟! I Love our grandkids! I Love your family! 💜💛💙💚

    ReplyDelete